Heads To Fit LP Palisade Park Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Heads To Fit LP Palisade Park Congas

Postby jimmorgan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello,

I've been looking for information on pre-tucked heads to fit my LP Palisade Park congas. I'm looking to replace the old ones. Will models designed for LP Matador/Classic congas fit my Palisade Parks? Or do I need a different size because of the traditional rims.

Specifically I've been looking at the pre-tucked steer heads from Stern Tanning, they are advertised as fitting Lp Matador & Classics. My fiberglass LP's have the same head size so they should work, right? Would appreciate any help you could offer.

-Jim
jimmorgan

Re: Heads To Fit LP Palisade Park Congas

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:43 pm

They should fit like when buy pre-mounted LP heads they fit both, comfort curve and traditional rims. Now
with that said since the Stern heads obviously are not tucked by LP the only thing I will be concerned about is
how high the traditional rims will seat on the head. I say this because normally the top of a comfort rim seats
lower on the head than than the top of a traditional rim; meaning if the head was tucked with comfort rims in
mind when you mount the head on a conga with traditional rim the top of the traditional rim could be riding
too high on the head where you do not get enough clearance between the top of the head and the top of the
traditional rim. Meaning you could be hurting you hand and fingers because the top of the rim is riding to high
and you cannot play the drum without hitting the rim. I think LP is aware of this and tuck their heads so they
work for both kind of rims, where Stern may not be aware of this situation. Also in my experience, that's the
problem with some of Remo's newer conga heads where they basically fit drums with comfort rim only, they
will not fit congas with traditional rims. I hope this helps.
RitmoBoricua

Postby caballoballo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:55 am

Saludos, Manito percussion have premounted premium conga heads for all Lp congas models . Check it out.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby jimmorgan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks for your help. I'll look into Manito. Just out of curiousisty does anyone have any experience with synthetic heads that will fit the old style rims without too much headache? I've heard some people have gotten the Remos to work and others have not.

Jim
jimmorgan

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Check out the congas on this link I think those heads
are Evans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-mdDwj0GBU

Looking at the attached pictute it seems the Evans heads
are a good fit for these congas.
Attachments
CongaheadDSC01745.jpg
Palisade Park congas with Evans heads.
CongaheadDSC01745.jpg