Guanex ??

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Guanex ??

Postby godskin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:56 pm

I was looking for some conga's for some friends and found these for sale.
I have no interest buying them just wondering if anybody knows the story of these conga's.
they are mono-block.

Its something different for sure :D

VENDESI COLLEZIONE PRIVATA MAURIZIO LIBERATORI PERCUSSIONISTA E RESTAURATORE

set di 3 congas GUANEX ( H.62cm D.28,5cm-28cm-26cm ) in legno di Rovere cubano.

Modifiche e migliorie effettuate:

. sostituite meccaniche esistenti con meccaniche cromate marca Guanex di qualità superiore (piastre, tiranti e cerchi);
. sostituzione pelli esistenti con pelle di mucca cubana.

For SALE PRIVATE COLLECTION MAURICE LALONDE and DRUMMER 3 congas set RESTORER GUANEX (h. 62 cm d. 28 cm-28 cm-26 cm) Cuban oak.

Changes and improvements made:. replace existing mechanical chrome Guanex brand with superior quality (plates, rods and rings);. replacing existing skins with cow skin.
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
godskin

Re: Guanex ??

Postby pcastag » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Never seen anything like them. Pretty cool!
PC
pcastag

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Wow! Now that's different. Are these yours godskin?
KING CONGA

Postby godskin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

No these are not mine.
They are for sale in Italy.
There are e few topics about guanex conga's on this site.
From that I learned they are cuban made but there is also a Italy connection.

Just wondering if anyone know the story behind these (supposed) guanex tubs
godskin

Postby FidelsEyeglasses » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:50 pm

They were made by artist/musician 'Eduardo Cordova' in Havana, he's known for carving drums that while they can be played, fall more into an "art style" than drums made for the working professional.

godskin wrote:I was looking for some conga's for some friends and found these for sale.
I have no interest buying them just wondering if anybody knows the story of these conga's.
they are mono-block.

. sostituite meccaniche esistenti con meccaniche cromate marca Guanex di qualità superiore (piastre, tiranti e cerchi);

For SALE PRIVATE COLLECTION MAURICE LALONDE and DRUMMER 3 congas set RESTORER GUANEX (h. 62 cm d. 28 cm-28 cm-26 cm) Cuban oak.

Changes and improvements made:. replace existing mechanical chrome Guanex brand with superior quality (plates, rods and rings);. replacing existing skins with cow skin.
Vintage, classic and contemporary Cuban tumbadoras a.k.a. congas and bongoes made in Cuba:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418352131820747/
FidelsEyeglasses

Postby FidelsEyeglasses » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:51 pm

FidelsEyeglasses wrote:They were made by artist/musician 'Eduardo Cordova' in Havana, he's known for carving drums that while they can be played, fall more into an "art style" than drums made for the working professional.
Someone stuck those stickers on there but those yellow drums are not made in the Guanex factory.

godskin wrote:I was looking for some conga's for some friends and found these for sale.
they are mono-block.

Vintage, classic and contemporary Cuban tumbadoras a.k.a. congas and bongoes made in Cuba:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418352131820747/
FidelsEyeglasses

Postby Chtimulato » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Besides, "rovere cubano", cuban oak, is an unknown species to me... since there's no oak in Cuba. The cuban oak drums are made with barrel staves. The barrels came/come from Europe. It's common to the whole Caribbean (and certainly Central America too) : since the 15th century, the sailors who left Europe for the "New World" put food, flour and beverages in oak barrels to cross the sea. And sugar cane growers need(ed) oak barrels to store the rum (only oak allows storing beverages in barrels - though someone offered me a barrel made of acacia wood, but it's the only one I have ever seen). The barrels could then be recycled as drums.
Chtimulato

Return to CongaSet and accessories