Ryan Wendel/Manito Percussion

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Ryan Wendel/Manito Percussion

Postby cloudedb@aol.com » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:38 am

I've been trying to reach Ryan @ Manito no luck x18. Is he still in business? Is he alright? Anyone hear anything? Thanks!

Bennett.

cloudedb@aol.com
cloudedb@aol.com

Re: Ryan Wendel/Manito Percussion

Postby jorge » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 pm

I believe he has recently returned from vacation. I placed an order for some parts over a month ago, did not receive them for over 3 weeks, and then saw a message on his website that he would be out until June 18. I received my order a few days after that. Keep trying and let us know if you get through.
jorge

Postby cloudedb@aol.com » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Thanks Jorge. So far no luck.I'll keep trying. As of today his web page lists his return June 7 (/).
cloudedb@aol.com

Postby jorge » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:23 am

Sorry to hear that. I was thinking of getting some skins from him. Please let us know if you get through. I will do the same.
jorge

Postby cloudedb@aol.com » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Still no luck reaching Ryan.
cloudedb@aol.com

Postby Derbeno » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Been communicating with him on Facebook messenger this week.

I have these details

706-614-4563

info@manitopercussion.com details
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby cloudedb@aol.com » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Thanks Derbeno! I'm sure there's a good reason for lack of contact. I'll let it slide, see what happens.
cloudedb@aol.com

Postby jorge » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:09 pm

On the website it says Manito Percussion was closed May 14-June 6 and my order was indeed delayed until well after the end of that period. Sounds like that was a vacation, although it could have been some other reason.

Seems to be a general principle that to take a week off from work you have to work twice as hard as normal for at least a few weeks before (to prepare) and a few weeks after (to catch up) the week off. Probably even more so for a 3+ week vacation (can't remember the last time I took one of those).

So putting this together, it seems likely that he is still swamped with work and orders from before his break and it could be 6-9 weeks or longer after his return before he catches up.

Hopefully he will get back to you sooner than that. The phone number Derbeno posted does not seem to be on the website, that could be a very helpful piece of information.
jorge

Postby cloudedb@aol.com » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Ryan has not gotten back to me to date. Please let me know if anyone hears from him/whats up with him. Thanks!
cloudedb@aol.com

Postby jorge » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm

I did receive my small order from Manito a few weeks ago, a month late but not long after he returned from his few weeks away. So my guess is he is still digging out from the pile of work that accumulated before and during his time away.
jorge

Return to CongaSet and accessories