New Manito Skins on my LP Classics!!

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: New Manito Skins on my LP Classics!!

Postby Chtimulato » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Thank you. The beef actually turned out to be a bull... (mistake of the seller or misunderstanding of myself). Even tougher... :)
Chtimulato

Postby Juaort » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:36 pm

What was the thickness on bull hide? The skin I put on my LP Palisades Tumbadora almost did me in as well. This thing was close to 3mm. It took a lot of cursing, blaming humanity and Beer to get it on.
Juaort

Postby Chtimulato » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 pm

It was 2,8 mm. After soaking and swelling, it's now about 4 mm. It took me quite a while to wrestle with it. A friend had offered me his help in case of need, but I wanted to brag and do it all by myself. Bad idea... :) But the feeling is really smooth when I touch it, though I suppose it's not quite dry yet.

The one I'm gonna mount on the tres dos is "only" 2,1 mm. It's gonna be a children play in comparison. :wink:
I'm still 'shellacking' the tres dos. I'll mount the skin at the end of the week.
Chtimulato

Postby Juaort » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Lol! Yea, same thing happened with me and my palisades Tumbadora. Once it sucked up all the water it became super think lol. But like you I got it on after fighting with it for a bit. Can’t wait to see those Gios completed. Their going to look incredible!
Juaort

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories