VGA drums

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

VGA drums

Postby Blugsr » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm

The last post i seen regarding VGA drums was 2011, i know someone has bought some since then? Played them? They remind me of Fat Congas. Im playing mostly rumba and want that sound type of sound quality. I understand a lot has to due with the skin mounted.
Im also looking at PM's. Anyone have information regarding these drums would be most helpful.

Thanks
Blugsr

Re: VGA drums

Postby Chtimulato » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:28 pm

They're both still in business and have both a website, from what I can read here and there, mostly on Facebook.

I can post the link to their websites later on, I bookmarked them on another computer.
Chtimulato

Postby emveeone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:53 pm

I ordered some drums and Bongo skins from VGA that never came. He picked up the phone a couple times and told me he was going to ship the skins and that he was working on the drums. Never received the skins nor the drums. Had to file a complaint to get my money back from Paypal.

PM Percussion on the other hand are really easy to work with. Peter is a good guy and the drums are really nice. I had a set but had to clean house a little (wife said i had to many sets).
emveeone

Postby Juaort » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:59 pm

That’s a real shame! I think that if you are too busy to fill an order then don’t take it. Why keep your customer waiting! It’s even worst when they don’t communicate. It hurts their reputation. I had a similar issue with Elio from Puerto Rico. I waited 2+ years for a set of Bongos and when I finally got them they looked rushed and subpar at best.
Juaort

Postby KING CONGA » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:59 pm

Blugsr wrote:The last post i seen regarding VGA drums was 2011, i know someone has bought some since then? Played them? They remind me of Fat Congas. Im playing mostly rumba and want that sound type of sound quality. I understand a lot has to due with the skin mounted.
Im also looking at PM's. Anyone have information regarding these drums would be most helpful.

Thanks

Greetings.
Lou Vega is still in business, producing beautiful Congas as well as Bongos.
Great work with attention to detail. He manufactures his congas by means of steam bend and not cut form staves.
The cost, and waiting time, would be considerably different between Lou and Peter Musser.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
KING CONGA

Return to CongaSet and accessories