What is your favorite Rumba Quinto?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

What is your favorite Rumba Quinto?

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

I am privileged, honored and blessed to own two very special quinto drums which are amazing sounding.
The first of the two is my 9.5" MAMEY, made in Italy by Hand drum artesian Robertico Evangelisti.
The drum is fitted with Polished Stainless Steel hardware and comes with 10mm brass nuts, this helps prevent binding with the threads. This drum is modeled after the Cuban Vergaras but as has been said, Vergara on steroids :mrgreen:
The second of the two is a drum that was made my the late Marcus Ruiz, RIP. This drum was made the old fashion way, by the use of recycled wine barrel staves, in fact, you can literally still smell the wine :lol:
This drum is also a 9.5" and fitted with none polished Stainless Steel hardware. The skin used on this drum is horse.
The color scheme is modeled after a Vintage Cuban Requena which had a similar color scheme, Marcus called it, the "Voodoo Drum".
These two drums are some of the best sounding quintos that I have ever owned, they both have a "beast" of a sound.
Attachments
Las Cuatas.jpg
KING CONGA

Re: What is your favorite Rumba Quinto?

Postby Juaort » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 pm

Those are amazing Quintos! Enjoy those Bro. As of right now your two are my favorites!
Juaort

Return to CongaSet and accessories