Jerry Gonzalez MIA - Video/DVD Instructional

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Ivan » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:54 pm

Hola Todos,

I still cannot find these mythical "instructional" videos put out by Jerry Gonzalez... Everybody talks about them, but I can't find it anywhere. I checked, EBAY, Descarga.com, Towerrecords, amazon, yahoo... and NADA

What are the exact titles of these videos to help me search for them on web sites...

I am still interested in purchasing a copy of the video if anyone of you have it... If not, we could some sort of trade off - I copy something for you and you copy something for me...

WHHHAAAAAAZZZZZUUUUPPPP??!!!

Can u help a conga broda out?

Peace,
Ivan
:p :laugh:
Ilu Ache,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby bcoffee13 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:04 pm

Hey I just joined this board! As luck would have it I just sold my original copy of Jerry Gonzalez. It's a good video and a must have for us conga players. I have a backup copy that I can send you if you provide me a little compensation. I have both eBay and Paypal .... let me know .... bcoffee13@excite.com
bcoffee13

Postby que » Mon May 02, 2005 8:03 pm

Ivan, You'll find Jerry Gonzalez on the Internet at > Conga Drumming Videos.
que

Postby ralph » Tue May 03, 2005 4:27 pm

Hey "QUE",
where are you at in NC, who do you play with?
ralph

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue May 03, 2005 5:14 pm

Jerry's video is called "CongaMania".....it really isn't the best and Jerry doesn't really "teach", like most videos, he "shows" you how, and there is a difference between the both....."JC" Johnny Conga.....long time friend of Jerry's, we"re both from the Bronx....."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby que » Tue May 03, 2005 6:25 pm

Ralph , I'm Located in Cameron N.C. By the way Johnny I'm also from the Bronx , Grew up in Dawson St. (Around, Kelly St, Intervale Ave, areas.
que

Postby que » Tue May 03, 2005 6:28 pm

Ralph , Don't play with anyone , But do have Jam Sessions here at Home, Once in a while with some Gentlemen from Raleigh.
que

Postby que » Thu May 05, 2005 5:43 pm

RALPH , Wherer are you Located ? Are you in the Raleigh Area ?
que

Postby ralph » Thu May 05, 2005 6:23 pm

no i am actually in Winston Salem, i get together with some guys here and we play when we can as well, its tough to get together, but its mostly some NY cats, that get together.
We may have come across each other but may not even known it. You may know musicians from the Raleigh area that i know.
We get together and pretty much play rumba, bomba, plena, and other stuff.
How long you been playing?
I am actually going to be playing fri @ this place called Patio Loco in Chapel Hill, maybe you heard of the group West End Mambo...

Edited By ralph on 1115318010
ralph

Postby que » Wed May 11, 2005 12:07 am

I visit my Daughters in Raleigh once in a while and am not familiar with any Musical Bands . I'm Located In Cameron , about 45-60 Minutes South of Raleigh. If you ever want to come down my way Let me know , I could invite some of the Gentlemen over and we could have a Jam Session. They
are from Philly, N.Y.and P.R. Two have played in Bands , I'm an
Intermidiate player and trying to learn as much as I can from them.

Edited By que on 1115833376
que

Postby ralph » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:40 pm

Joe, are you going to check out Grupo Chaworo on sat? they are going to be in Raleigh...if so i'll be out there as well...
ralph

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students