Paoli Mejias' JAZZAMBIA CD!

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Paoli Mejias' JAZZAMBIA CD!

Postby afrocubarico » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:19 am

Happy Holidays Congueros & Congueras!
Just wanted to mention that Paoli Mejias has just released his third independently produced album, JAZZAMBIA! I just picked this up this past weekend and have listened to it several times. Paoli has really out done himself with this one. I absolutely love the way he combines straight-ahead jazz with Latin rhythms and his use of several different drums (congas, djembe, bongo, bata, etc.). Paoli's technique on congas is out of this world. I saw him perform a year ago in Puerto Rico and I had to pick up my jaw from the floor! Get this album, you won't regret it. I believe it's available through CDbaby.com

http://cdbaby.com/cd/paolimejias3

afrocubarico
Attachments
cover_small.jpg
cover_small.jpg (15.57 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
One slap at a time...
afrocubarico

Re: Paoli Mejias' JAZZAMBIA CD!

Postby JoseLuisPR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:03 am

Great percusionist and person.
JoseLuisPR

Postby JConga » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:13 pm

GREAT CD! GREAT MUSICIANS!...NOT FOR THE AVERAGE LISTENER, THIS IS MORE MUSIC FOR MUSICIANS THAN FOR THE AVERAGE LISTENER...AND THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE OF MIGUEL ZENON ON THIS AS WELL...GREAT JOB PAOLI!..."JC" JOHNNY CONGA
JConga

Postby afrocubarico » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Yo J.C.,
Happy New Year my brother! Any idea when your CD will be available? By the way, congratulations! I read the write-up Latin Beat Magazine gave you in the latest issue. Very nice!

afrocubarico
One slap at a time...
afrocubarico

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students