Which is your favorite Conga solo ever recorded and by who?

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Dec 11, 2001 3:53 pm

There was a conga drummer in NYC by the name of Charles Martin aka Carlos Martinez. He at one time had all the studio sessions sowed up in the city.He was a big guy 6-4,big hands. He is the conga drummer on the tune "Turn the Beat Around" he also recorded with Jorge Dalto. and other artists in New York. A truly great soloist. Unfortunatly coming out of a session at 4;30 in the morning he was robbed and shot to death on the street. If you can find anything with him on it Buy it. JC JOHNNY CONGA.....
JohnnyConga

Postby Laurent Lamy » Tue Dec 11, 2001 5:33 pm

I woul'd like to know what you think about my solo at congaplace. You can listen Zunzunzun on my community page: http://congaplace.com/musician/lamy/index.htm
Thanks

(Edited by Laurent Lamy at 5:38 pm on Dec. 11, 2001)
Laurent Lamy

Postby benbaboon » Tue Dec 11, 2001 7:21 pm

Me gusta mucho, Laurent...... tight, clean and rich. Also liked a lot the solo on the Mozambique with your students... thanks for sharing :)
benbaboon

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:46 pm

What an extensive topic this is...
Perhaps it is as individual and therefore endless as the question which 10 songs you´d take woth you on a deserted island . Everybody has his specialties..blah...
WHAT I WANTED TO SAY:
Laurent, very nice and musical solo on Zunzunzun. A pity I cannot save the mp3 on my computer ;-)
Mike

Previous

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students