Si No bolero --Lost Papines

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby benbaboon » Sun May 26, 2002 8:52 am

Can figure out for the #### of me why it's not being rereleased.
One of my favorite los papines songs is "Si No Bolero" recently redone by Deep Rumba as "Si! No!".

The only place I ever saw it was on the Commemoration Album of their visit to the states in 1977.... and my copy is pretty scratched.... anyone knows where I can get another copy?... a cd?

Also waiting on Virgilio Marti's "Guaguanco" to be rereleased...amazing album!... if you here anything..:D
benbaboon

Postby benbaboon » Sun May 26, 2002 8:55 am

Hey what the heck is this censorship... I typed the word "####" (opposite of heaven) and it came up as four pound signs...... :angry:
Ashcroft lovers... ;)

Edited By benbaboon on May 25 2002 at 10:58
benbaboon

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun May 26, 2002 2:04 pm

TRY PEXSTORE.COM for all the Cuban music you are looking for, including Los Papines. I have Both of the albums you mention. Virgilio's should be out by now on CD. ....
At your Service....JC JOHNNY CONGA :D http://WWW.PEXSTORE.COM...IT'S here in Miami....
JohnnyConga

Postby benbaboon » Mon May 27, 2002 3:28 am

No luck at pexstore :( ... I know that "Saludando a los Rumberos" (an awesome album too)is out, but I never seen Marti's "Guaguanco" yet. If you know a place that carries it please drop a word, so I can call and order it.
-ben
benbaboon

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon May 27, 2002 9:08 pm

Hi you might want to try BembeRecords.com. refresh my memory please...what label is the Virgilio Marti album "Guaguanco"? I just might have it in a bootleg vynil copy. I kinda remember it,vaguely. Do you know who else is on it and what year is was recorded? Thanks...JC JOHNNY CONGA.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby benbaboon » Tue May 28, 2002 8:25 pm

Johnny... I'm afraid I'm not sure. a friend put it on tape for me many years ago.
His other one was rereleased by Caiman.
Guaguanco is truly a pearl ... it has most of the songs of "saludando..." except they are done without the metales and timbales (keeping the flute, tres and bass though)... and therefore giving them a totally different softer feel...
If you have it buried somewhere it's time to pull it out and rediscover it.... if you do, let me know what you think.
Ben :D

Edited By benbaboon on May 27 2002 at 22:27
benbaboon

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students