Giovanni Hidalgo - Availability of CD's?

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby delkron » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:36 pm

There are at least 4 solo CD's listed for Giovanni, but all sites I am aware of show all 4 of these discs to be either on backorder, or unavailable. I have not been able to locate any of them at Tower, Borders, or any other local source. Does anyone know the story why these are not currently available, or know a source where they can be obtained?
delkron

Postby tamboricua » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:08 pm

Hi Delkron, hope all is well! You should try descarga.com. Descarga prices are normally higher than Amazon, Tower Records, etc., but they normally stock everything. The problem with Giovanni's CD's is that they were produced by no longer existent labels, "Messidor", and "TropiJazz".

Hope this helps!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio ;)
tamboricua

Postby muddy323 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:56 pm

Most of Gio cd's are just ok. Time Shifter is my favorite, But its not all of that. But! Gio is a monster live. I saw him at the Conga Room in Hollywood and was blown away....none of this was ever projected on a cd that i own...Giovanni have some great performance on those instructinal video that is better than anything i have heard on cd...it could just be bad choice of songs on those cd's.
muddy323

Postby REQUINTOFUNK » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:11 pm

Wow, thats very ballsy of you to say that.............I mean.....you dont know what went down in the recordings and the quality of the music is phenominal.............I am sure yo didnt know that in the "Worldwide" CD, they did every song in one take.........."One Take." That is almost impossible now adays in the music industry. Listen to "Seven steps to Heaven" and ask yourself who as talented as those musicians can conquer a one take recording of " Seven Steps to Heaven". . . . . . my 2 cents and on the defense of my boy Eddie "GuaGua" Rivera
REQUINTOFUNK77@HOTMAIL.COM

"SI NO SABES,NO TE METAS,
SI NO HAY CLAVE,RESPETA"
REQUINTOFUNK

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:40 pm

REQUINTOFUNK wrote:Wow, thats very ballsy of you to say that.............I mean.....you dont know what went down in the recordings and the quality of the music is phenominal.............I am sure yo didnt know that in the "Worldwide" CD, they did every song in one take.........."One Take." That is almost impossible now adays in the music industry. Listen to "Seven steps to Heaven" and ask yourself who as talented as those musicians can conquer a one take recording of " Seven Steps to Heaven". . . . . . my 2 cents and on the defense of my boy Eddie "GuaGua" Rivera

I love all three Giovanni's solo recording but "Worldwide" to me is in another level, that stuff cooks like nobody's business. Gio cut loose on this particular cut (it escapes my mind) on that recording that it just spell bind me every single time.
RitmoBoricua

Postby REQUINTOFUNK » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:48 pm

I think I know which one you are talking about ritmo,"Blue Minor" might be the one....the solo he puts on there is not fast or technical,its just there where it needs to be......much love.
REQUINTOFUNK77@HOTMAIL.COM

"SI NO SABES,NO TE METAS,
SI NO HAY CLAVE,RESPETA"
REQUINTOFUNK

Postby muddy323 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:15 pm

I never heard Worldwide by Giovanni...its seems like a very good CD...I will try to buy a copy today...thanks...Im having problems locating that CD...there is no mention of it on Descarga.com

Edited By muddy323 on Aug. 28 2003 at 21:35
muddy323

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students