RAY BARRETTO INSTRUCTIONAL - DOES ANYBOBY KNOW ABOUT IT?

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby SkinDeep » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:48 am

I JUST SPOKE TO SOMEONE WHO I TRADE STUFF WITH AND HE MENTIONED SOME STUFF RAY BARRETTO HAD DONE ON THE INSTRUCTIONAL SIDE YEARS AGO, DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT? THKS
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:52 am

Never heard a thing,ever.....umm....."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby franc » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:03 am

i have followed ''ray barreto''s work since 1970. has been one of my favorites drummer. never heard of any instructional work of his. aché!!! to all!!! franc
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:41 pm

I doubt very seriuosly that Ray did an Instructional video....Remember it's not that Ray couldnt Teach, he just wasn't a "teacher". Also remember cause a guy can play does not make him a "teacher"..You have to have a "method" that is based on learning how to play, along with theory, history, drills, styles, rhythms, etc....Ray was a "player" not a teacher....understand the difference , guys....that is why I say most of the videos out there do not "teach" but "show" what the individual can do, not "how to get there"!...I will be getting together next week with my videographer. It is taking time to finish up my learning DVD, I have to wait on him, cause he is doing it with me on "spec"....so i have to move at his availabilty...MY learning dvd WILL show how to get there. It will be comprehensive and include some new drills, that I have learned from the "Cuban" method...this is the same method that Anga and Tomas Cruz learned in Cuba. So hang tight, it's almost there....."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby SkinDeep » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:47 am

i agree with you 100% on that!
as far as Barretto (RIP) the person i heard it from was just told about it, so he's looking himself. either way I'm looking forward to yours JC. one thing for sure is that it was never commercial.
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students