Rhythm History - Origins Of The Rhythms

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi everyone. I am looking for a book or a number of books or videos or websites that will allow me to gather a wide knowledge of the rhythms that we find ourselves playing. I am talking about every singe rhythm out there or at least the ones that are the most popular.

If anyone knows of any form of media and the name of that please reply to the post or send me a private email.

Your help if truly priceless.

Love Always

Toby
Toby

Postby SkinDeep » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Descarga Special Items...

We are pleased to offer the amazing Adrian Coburg collection of Afro-Cuban folkloric/religious transcription books and audio CDs. Mr. Coburg, born in Bern, Switzerland, has created an outstanding body of work -- a virtual wealth of information by way of his books and CDs (in conjunction with Julio Davalos). Imported from Switzerland, we are now stocking the complete collection of eleven titles. Perfect for the collector, practitioner, connoisseur, teacher or student of Afro-Cuban folkloric and religious traditions. This important work can be purchased individually, or as a complete package at a discount (scroll down to bottom of the list for the complete package set).

• Antologia Yoruba, Vol. 1 & 2, 2-CD Set
• Antologia Yoruba, Vol. 3 & 4, 2-CD Set

Transcription Books...
• Bata Scores - Oru Seco
• Bata Scores - Toques Especiales
• Oru Cantado: Cantos Yoruba Y Arara
• Rezos - Cantos Yoruba Y Arara
• Cantos Especiales Vol. 1, Cantos Yoruba, Iyesa Y Arara
• Cantos Especiales Vol. 2, Cantos Yoruba, Iyesa Y Arara
• Cantos Afro-Cubanos - Música Folklorica
• Percusion Afro-Cubana, Vol. 1 Música Folklorica
• Percusion Afro-Cubana, Vol. 2 Música Popular
• The Complete Adrian Coburg Collection Package Set
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:18 pm

I forgot to mention that i am also looking for the hitorical text of these rhythms. I want to know where they came from, why thay exist, who invented them ect.

Piece

Toby
Toby

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students