Pc Program to write rithmic patterns - Someone who know a good program to write

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Greno » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi, I need a program to write rithmic patherns. If someone could tell me where i can find it, it would be great. I have the keynote but i can´t write with the different strokes. So i need one specialy of percussion.

Thanks.
Greno

Postby pacou » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:13 pm

Hi Greto,

Go to:
http://www.henrykellner.com/PercussionStudio/
and download

See you

:D
pacou

Postby onile » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:53 pm

Alafia Abure Pacou!
I hope that you are well and in an abundance of blessings!

Wow! I just visited that site, it's incredible. I will probably toy around with it when I get home, but it looks like something percussionists could really enjoy using!

Many blessings!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby Greno » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:14 pm

It´s good. But the problem is that you need to be registered (you must pay) to save the progress. That´s a shame. I will continue looking for a free program that allowed us to write our own partitures. If i find anything i´ll post it here. Please you people do the same. Thamks anyway Pacou for your answer.
Greno

Postby akdom » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:22 pm

well, percussion studio is from faaaaar the most accessible soft for percussions... tons of sounds and very easy to use. Is registration a problem when someone works so hard to set up such a great tool?

If yes, find another way.

B
akdom

Postby Greno » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:53 pm

Registration is a problem when the money isn´t enought. For me all the prices in dollars are 3 times more expensive than you. But you are right, it´s logic that the people sell the very goods program in the net. Obviously....
Greno

Postby GuruPimpi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:12 pm

Hello!

Nice program, to give input and hear the PCway how will instruments cope together.

Very helpful for me, thanks Pacou!

Primozz
GuruPimpi

Postby Greno » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:19 pm

you press shift and click on the instrument to give sound. That is what you asaked?
Greno

Postby SkinDeep » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:42 am

DOWNLOADING IT RIGHT NOW, IT LOOKS REAL GOOD. THIS AIN'T BAD COMPARED TO ANOTHER PROGRAM I SAW ONLINE THAT WAS MUCH MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE.
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby Greno » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Anyone know a program to write only? I don´t need to hear what i´m writing. What i need is to write on the pentagram and to be able to use the different symbols conventions.
If anyone know were i can find a program for writting only, please tell me.

Thanks.
Greno

Postby Bartje Bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi Greno,

Just discovered this forum. That's the reason for this late answer.
Ever thought about creating your own font with "Fontlab" or "Typetool" ?

Greets,
Bartje Bongo.
Bartje Bongo

Postby korman » Thu May 10, 2007 7:47 am

Greno wrote:Anyone know a program to write only? I don´t need to hear what i´m writing. What i need is to write on the pentagram and to be able to use the different symbols conventions.

Well, finale music have a free program in their notation software suite called finale notepad with which you can basically put some notes on staff, but the mouse click interface is not too easy and it does not have the extra notehead symbols that are used for different conga strokes (like in this site's conga book).
korman

Postby Derbeno » Thu May 10, 2007 1:25 pm

korman wrote:
Greno wrote:Anyone know a program to write only? I don´t need to hear what i´m writing. What i need is to write on the pentagram and to be able to use the different symbols conventions.

Well, finale music have a free program in their notation software suite called finale notepad with which you can basically put some notes on staff, but the mouse click interface is not too easy and it does not have the extra notehead symbols that are used for different conga strokes (like in this site's conga book).

I got a serious warning not to proceed with the download due to security issues with this site.

Was this your experience Korman?

""The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.""
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby korman » Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 pm

I did not have any problems with downloading.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Try downloading from www.finalemusic.com instead, maybe that'll go without such warning. I don't think, though, that there are any serious risks, it's a well known company. But as I said, their notepad is very basic, maybe their advanced products are more flexible with percussion, but I have not tried them.

I myself use the PercussionStudio, it's cheap and works (most of the time). However, I must admit, I don't particularly like their system of notation, and would prefer something with similar functionality, but with traditional music notation which is elegant and reads better.

Edited By korman on 1178821908
korman

Postby zwar » Fri May 11, 2007 6:37 am

ho

finale has all the possibilities changing noteheads and so on. but is complicated to use and expensive to buy. took me about one month to understand most of the tricks the programm offers. would not recommend that for only occasional use.

zwar
zwar

Next

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students