Bongo DVD

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Hey guys my "BRO" Robertito Melendez has a "Bongo book" out right now ....u can see him on youtube.com as well just type his name in search....he also has a
site at

www.myspace.com/robertitomelendez ....

he's a Great player and oneof the coolest dudes u ever want to meet and humble as well...Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby Gallichio » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:49 pm

I have a DVD for the beginners on Congas and one on beginner Bongos No flash just the basics for the Beginner, here is some info-

BONGO DVD INFO
NEW BEGINNERS BONGO DRUMMING INSTRUCTIONAL DVD. THIS DVD JUST OVER 40 MINS LONG AND IS DESIGNED TO HELP YOU LEARN THE BASICS OF BONGO DRUMMING, HOW TO HOLD YOUR DRUM AND HOW TO TUNE YOUR BONGOS. THE PROPER TECHNIQUE NEEDED TO PRODUCE THE DIFFERENT TONES. YOU WILL ALSO LEARN THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BONGO DRUMS, THE MARTILLO RHYTHM EXPLAINED STEP BY STEP IN DETAIL AND VARIATIONS FOR THE MARTILLO RHYTHM. MIKE GALLICHIO DEMONSTRATES RHYTHMS THAT CAN BE USED IN A VARIETY OF TODAYS MODERN MUSIC AND MORE. THIS DVD WILL HAVE YOU ENJOYING YOUR BONGO DRUMS IN NO TIME. THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT GIFT. PERFECT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR LESSONS. THIS DVD HAS A LOT OF INFORMATION TO GET YOU UP AND RUNNING WITH YOUR BONGOS. GREAT TOOL IF YOU NEED TO LEARN ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT RHYTHMS FOR BONGOS THE MARTILLO. IF YOU LOVE THE BONGOS THIS DVD IS A MUST FOR YOUR LIBRARY. ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!

Conga DVD INFO
I HAVE BEEN ASKED SO OFTEN HOW I GET THE SOUNDS FROM THE CONGA DRUMS THAT I WANTED TO MAKE A DVD SHOWING HOW. **** NEW BEGINNERS CONGA DVD IS NOW AVAILABLE **** YOU WILL LEARN- *THE SLAP* *THE OPEN SLAP* *THE MUFFELD SLAP* *HEAL-TOE* *THE OPEN TONE* *THE MUFFELD TONE* *THE RIM TONE* *THE STICK TONE* THE MOOSE TONE* *THE ELBOW TONE* *BASS TONE* *THIS IS A GREAT TOOL IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME FOR LESSONS* *IN THIS DVD YOU WILL LEARN THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CONGA DRUMS* *HOW TO TUNE YOUR CONGA DRUMS* *THE PROPER HAND TECHNIQUES FOR PLAYING YOUR CONGAS* *THE TUMBAO* *BOLERO* *PLENA* *CALYPSO RHYTHMS ARE COVERED IN THIS DVD* THIS DVD WILL HAVE YOU ENJOYING YOUR CONGA DRUMS IN NO TIME! JUST SEND A CHECK FOR $20.00 TELLING ME IF YOU WANT CONGA OR BONGO DVD WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO MIKE GALLICHIO AT- 2 SOUTH 121 STRATFORD ROAD GLEN ELLYN IL 60137 AND I WILL SHIP IT RIGHT OUT.

I have sold hundreds of the DVDs and have had great response.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Re: Bongo DVD

Postby caballoballo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Humm, I agreed a 100% with SalseroBerlinense and Firebrand. I will add that there is no flavor,swing,afinque,ect without the Bongó playing in a Salsa Band. You may have the best Conguero in the band but, what can he do other than play the marcha during the first parts of the song ? he has to play straight tumbao, now the Bongó is playing in and out of martillo,improvising his syncopa to add flavor to the singer,then during the montuno he let go of his bongo and play the Campana. As a friend (piano Player ) said to me , during the montuno the Bongocero campaneo is my guide. The Bongó was first use in the Cuban conjuntos,not the conga.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby korman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:13 am

Hey, Johnny Conga, where we can get that bongo book by Robertito Melendez?
korman

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:42 pm

www.cdbaby.com/robertito chek it out..."JC" Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby Gallichio » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:57 am

You can find Robertito's and my DVDs here at the bottom of the page.

http://www.volcanopercussion.com/Accessories.php
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:44 am

JohnnyConga

Postby nobleway » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm thinking of sticking my toe into the bongo waters. From Amazon I just ordered "Kalani's Ultimate Hand Percussion: Ultimate Bongo Jam" a DVD only instruction. It had only 2 customer reviews. One was awful from a guy who wrote that he gave one star because he thought he was buying bongos from amazon. The other person wrote: "Suitable for beginners to intermediate level. It covers Martillo basics and variation/improvisations (2), Guiro 6/8, Songo, Funk, Calypso, Reggae, Samba & Motown. The pattern is shown in tiempo, than at 80 beats per minute (for approx. 2 mins) and play along in tiempo (for approx. 2 mins.) Professional, clear and precise with adequate time to get good practice in . Excellent. It also covers warm-up exercises, tuning, care and maintenance. Bongo Tuning (A-La/G-Sol or F-Fa) with an octave difference Macho to Hembra (lower)."

Anyway my plan is to borrow or to buy a modest set of bongos in the next month or 2 to give it a whirl. I'll let you guys know how it goes!
nobleway

Postby burke » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Also consider Trevor Salloum's "The Bongo Book". Mines old and just has a CD - there might be a DVD now - has a billion Martillo variations (almost TOO many!). Also teaches the traditional manoteo (thumb/fingers) and what I was once told was the more modern heel/toe (more like a conga player) ... I'm a heel/toe man myself.
Burke
burke

Postby umannyt » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am

Indeed, Trevor Salloum now has a bongo instructional DVD. It's entitled "The Art of Bongo Drumming". I've got one. It's 1 or 2 of the first bongo instructional videos I have. Highly recommended.
umannyt

Postby casaet » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:54 pm

The big question. How do I get David Romeros bongo DVD? I tried the mail I found on the net. Error message. Seems this mail-adress is not valid. I tried some of the dealers. Nothing. David Romero does his thing the way I like it, so I would appreciate very much if someone could tell me how to get this DVD.
casaet :?
casaet

Postby umannyt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 pm

casaet,

David Romero's email address and website that I have are bongoslap@embarqmail.com and http://www.david-romero.com, respectively.

I've emailed him twice before (the last one being last year) re: his bongo DVD and he wrote back to tell me to send $25 to:

David Romero
2445 Desert Glen Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89134

I, too, am interested in getting his bongo DVD. I just haven't gotten to do it yet.

I'm a fan of David 'cause I'm mainly a pop percussionist and some of the songs that my bands cover are from Earth, Wind & Fire with whom he both recorded and toured for some good amount of time.

Good luck,
Last edited by umannyt on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
umannyt

Postby casaet » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Just mailed him. This time it worked. While waiting for the DVD, there is a lot to learn from his Youtube video, and from the Dandy Rodriguez video. Why go for anything but the best? :D
casaet

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 am

JohnnyConga wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ae3SoccK8

I want my 2 minutes back. :lol: :lol:

That has got to be amongst some of the worst playing Ive ever seen... :roll:
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Just goes to show ya ..even if u have drums and being latino doesnt mean you know how to play...."JC" Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

PreviousNext

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students