Practice track for you all

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Practice track for you all

Postby Garvin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Ummm... Not sure what happened to the thread I tried posting before, but here is a track I arranged for practice. Feel free to download it for yourselves.

http://soundcloud.com/vadnaisg/salsa-practice-track
Garvin

Re: Practice track for you all

Postby jorge » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Nice piano montuno, bass and horns, it swings. Just needs congas, timbales and bongo/bell. I like that little break, nice test to see how tight you can hold the time through the silence until the music comes back in again.
Who is playing?
jorge

Postby Garvin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks Jorge. That's the point. It's a track with no percussion so you can practice your own timbale, conga, clave etc... It's a bunch of pre-recorded loops. I'm not sure the artists specifically, it was a loop pack for Ableton. They have tons of merengue, rumba, and salsa parts to put together. Even vocals. Great practice tool.
Garvin

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Garvin, im not trying to be the clave police but, when the piano came in (unless it's me and my dislexia, which turns my hearing around on me at times) it seemed u came in on the 3 side of the 2/3 clave...was that intentional to leave the clave out?
Tks...JC
JohnnyConga

Postby Garvin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Johnny, I'm sure you're right and I take no offense. I was kind of dragging the loops along as the song progressed. I'm sure I switched them up a couple times. I definitely left the clave out intentionally, but not because I switched them on purpose ;) I'll go back and listen for that tonight. I might make a couple of these.
Garvin

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:07 am

Tks Garvin for your response...other than that it's good to play along with ...thank you!...
JohnnyConga

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students