Great teacher in London - details of Jorge Santo

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby Tone » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:57 pm

I wanted to recommend my teacher Jorge Santo.
He is very competent but also a great pedagogue, with infinite patience and precision. He is very soft spoken and easy going. Here are his details and biog.

Jorge L. Santo

Jorge studied Cuban percussion in Canada, and in Cuba for 4 years at the Ingnacio Cervantes School of Music, where with the aid of a Canadian government scholarship he studied with some of the most celebrated teachers. With congas as his main instrument, Jorge also plays all the “small” instruments of Cuban Music, cowbells, güiro, bongos, maracas, shekere, etc, and also plays the batá drums, the most rhythmically sophisticared drums of Cuba. Jorge runs a regular Cuban percussion class at the Rising Sun Arts Centre in Reading, and teaches privately in London. He is currently conguero of the Jan Steele Latin Jazz Group.

phone: 07940 340 160
jorgesanto@lycos.com
tone
Tone

Postby martin » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:44 am

Tone wrote:I wanted to recommend my teacher Jorge Santo.
He is very competent but also a great pedagogue, with infinite patience and precision. He is very soft spoken and easy going. Here are his details and biog.

Jorge L. Santo

Jorge studied Cuban percussion in Canada, and in Cuba for 4 years at the Ingnacio Cervantes School of Music, where with the aid of a Canadian government scholarship he studied with some of the most celebrated teachers. With congas as his main instrument, Jorge also plays all the “small” instruments of Cuban Music, cowbells, güiro, bongos, maracas, shekere, etc, and also plays the batá drums, the most rhythmically sophisticared drums of Cuba. Jorge runs a regular Cuban percussion class at the Rising Sun Arts Centre in Reading, and teaches privately in London. He is currently conguero of the Jan Steele Latin Jazz Group.

phone: 07940 340 160
jorgesanto@lycos.com

Jorge taught me too- I agree that he is an excellent teacher. And very patient!

martin
martin

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!