Any Swedish conga/percussion teacher around? - searching teacher

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby NaVajO » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:35 pm

Hi there! Just found this page, really nice. It's exactely what I've been looking for:)

I'm in need of someone who can teach conga- and bongoplaying in Sweden, close to Falun preferably.

thanks.

Edited By NaVajO on 1095791818
Tiene TUMBAO!
NaVajO

Postby Juzzi » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:18 pm

Hej!
I'm from Finland. It's nice to hear from other Scandinavians. I'm not sure if Calixto Oviedo still lives there in Sweden, but if he does, he would be the man for you.
Later this year, around November there's a young guy called Elias Lazo coming to visit our band in Finland and I believe he's got some work in Sweden too. I'll check this for you and tell you later.

God kväll!

-J
Juzzi

Postby NaVajO » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:50 pm

Hej:)

Thanks for your info mate! It'd be really nice to get in contact with one of those guys. Though I bet they are active somewhere around Stockholm, 120 kilometers from me:P This town (Falun) got everything but percussionteachers... hehe.
Tiene TUMBAO!
NaVajO

Postby Juzzi » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:29 pm

Ok. I don't know yet where he will work but I believe it could be Stockholm. But 120km isn't that bad. Isn't Oslo closer to Falun than Stockholm? We have a concert there in one or two weeks. So you'll come and check us out? Just kidding...:)

-J
Juzzi

Postby NaVajO » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:16 pm

Would be nice to come see you, but I don't think it's possible... No idea how long it is to Oslo-.-
Tiene TUMBAO!
NaVajO

Postby Juzzi » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Don't worry. You'll see us when we come to Sweden. Don't know the dates yet.

-J
Juzzi

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:53 pm

Hi Navajo and Juzzi...try this Teacher4you.com and goto Europe and see who is listed there...hope this helps...."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby NaVajO » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:00 pm

Hi JohnnyConga! thx for the tip, but something is wrong with that site... only thing that shows up is some work-in-progress sign and a german text wich i cant read.
"Hier entsteht eine neue Internetpräsenz !"
"Here ............. a new Internet........!"
Tiene TUMBAO!
NaVajO

Postby percomat » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:19 pm

hi, i live in bergen, and i guess that is a long way from falun, but celio de carcalho lives oslo, and he is a great teacher, brazilian. by the way when will eliel come? and where will he be playing? i happens to know him, and if you ask me he is the best conguero living in havana these days, even if he is just 20 years old. he plays with cesar lopez now in jazz cafe, cirka hotel mehlia cohiba, and he is superfast, and have the greates sound. i actually saw him on the pj-pages, i guess he is sponsoured by them now.
percomat

Postby NaVajO » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:23 pm

hi percomat! too bad you live in bergen:P well, in case you visit Sweden sometimes you could always call me:)
Tiene TUMBAO!
NaVajO

Postby percomat » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:32 pm

i don`t know how far it is to go to denmark for you. ther you could visit birge sulsbruk, he is very good too, nut i`m sorry i don`t know anyone in sweden. but my advice is to teke the trip to birger sulsbruk and to ask him for something to work on for the next month and then visit him again, it`s superimportant to get the right assistance from a good teacher, concerning strokes and sounds. you don`t need to many classes, but you need to learn the basic strokes live with one who knows. i promise you it is worth the travel- and class-expences. i have many regrets that i didn`t do that whwn i started playing, instead i used lots of time trying to work it out by myself, and that takes longer time, and it is hard to get the strokes and the sound correct.peace out
percomat

Postby Juzzi » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:10 pm

Hello Percomat.
We are trying to get Eliel to Finland on November. If it happens he will play few gigs with us and we'll do a workshop with him in local music school. So you are from Norway? We are coming to play in Oslo next week.

-J
Juzzi

Postby percomat » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:18 pm

great, i dont think i will be able to come, bergen is on the west coast, far from oslo, but tell me when and where, just in case. what is the name of the group, and what kind of music do you play? by the way, say hello to eliel from me..
audun
percomat

Postby Juzzi » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:46 pm

The group is called Carlos D'l Puerto & Nganga. We play latin jazz. Even some Carlos' Irakere songs. But most of the songs are our own material. The concert place is DÆLENGGATA 26 Oslo. That is what I know about the place.

I will say hello to Eliel from you when I see him.

-J
Juzzi

Postby Liverneck » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:28 pm

There are very good congueros in the Netherlands and Germany, but Birger Sulsbruck is in Danmark... prolly a little closer for you.
Liverneck

Next

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!