Conga instructor in Dallas, Texas - Conga instructor in Dallas, Texas

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby goodmosconi » Mon May 31, 2004 9:45 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know of any good congeros in Dallas, Texas that teach. I'm seriously interested in learning more styles and need some guidance so I don't learn bad techniques.

Thanks,

any info that you can give me would be greatly appreciated

JG
goodmosconi

Postby tamboricua » Mon May 31, 2004 11:41 pm

Hi goodmosconi,

Hope all is well! My name is Jorge Ginorio. I'm a professional percussionist/educator based in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. I run my own percussion studio at my home, ©Tamboricua Percussion Studio with over 15 years of percussion instruction. Feel free to contact me directly at:

tamboricua68@comcast.net

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby goodmosconi » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:24 am

Jorge,

Do you know of anybody in the Richardson,Plano, or Dallas area that teaches conga rhythm and technique? I spoke with you a couple of months ago and where you are located it is impossible for me to make that trek once a week. If you or anybody else knows of anybody in the above areas, please let me know.

J.G.

Also can you or anybody else recommend some good self-teaching books available. I just purchased "Rumba:Afro-cuban improvisation" by Cliff Brooks (http://www.afrocubanchops.com) but was wondering if there was anything else out there that would help me out.

Thanks. :)
goodmosconi

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:19 pm

First let me WELCOME you to this great forum. We are ALL Drum Brothers here. Well if you are just starting out I wouldn't recommend a book On how to quinto in a Rumba setting, until I've learned ALL the basics. How long have you been playing? Have you taken private studies? and how far have you gotten.? Bobby Sanabria Videos and Kalani videos are what I recommend, then the Giovanni's when you reach close to the level of playing he describes....Any questions,we're here for you.! :D JC JOHNNY CONGA...
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:16 am

goodmosconi wrote:Jorge,

Do you know of anybody in the Richardson,Plano, or Dallas area that teaches conga rhythm and technique? I spoke with you a couple of months ago and where you are located it is impossible for me to make that trek once a week. If you or anybody else knows of anybody in the above areas, please let me know.

Check with Eric Stuer at: http://www.rhythmweb.com

Hope this helps!

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby goodmosconi » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:46 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. I used to play congas with my jazz band during high school and have just recently picked them back up because I joined my brother's band. It's kind of an odd mix. They play a mix of rock, reggae, funk, blues and jazz so I'm really going to have to work hard on finding the right balance for the styles I will learn and how to incorporate them into thier music.

I joined the band a few months ago and have played umpteeen gigs with them so far. I just purchased my second conga this last week so now I can really work on the things I've been wanting to work on. (Now I have a LP Classic Quinto and Conga)

I will definitely check out the videos you recommended JC. Thanks again for the updates and I will keep you guys posted on my progress. When I record some of our new songs within the next few months, I'll post some links to them so you can check them out and give me some constructive criticism :)

If you like rock/reggae/funk/blues/jazz with a twist, check out the website at http://www.joshgoodeband.com. :cool:

Thanks again for your help and time guys.

JSG
goodmosconi

Postby goodmosconi » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:02 pm

Hey Guys ..

Here's a video (poor quality sound and pic haha), but you can kind of get the jist of music that we play and I have a little solo on it.

http://www.joshgoodeband.com/video/fotm.wmv

The song is called Fact of the Matter.

Hope you enjoy,

Justin G.

:D
goodmosconi

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!