Tabla teacher wanted in Tampa-St Pete

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby clownmanus2000 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:59 pm

There are many well recognized experts on conga in my area, would any tabla experts please give up there realities and move here to help us with the forthcomming cosmic transmigration.?
clownmanus2000

Edited By clownmanus2000 on 1098367174
clownmanus2000

Postby timo » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:55 pm

you can go to the forum at http://www.chandrakantha.com and ask if anyone knows a teacher there..im sure david knows if theres one..

Edited By timo on 1099576817
AXÉ

timo
timo

Postby clownmanus2000 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:46 am

thank you for the advice,
Ive been in contact with david's site in the past. I have been interested in http://www.aacm.org/aacm/

for nearly ten years, ive not been able to break away to study there, and I have knowledge of some shady characters that play tabla but are not of the mindset that i desire , that being westernized indians who propagate the systems discribed in some communities as disciplic transferance via oral tradition, i am seek a cultrual adventure primaraly . i can as i said find sharlitians who will help releave me of my denero z. thanks for the link, i have placed a suggestion for a links page of some kind for musik or other links of interest unrelated to conga/bongo etc. i have a huge collection of links , do you have any you might wish to post?
clownmanus2000-
clownmanus2000

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:45 pm

Te best way to find some kind of real Tabla teacher would be to go to the nearest Indian restaurants in your area and ask if they know some one who performs on Tabla, for there weddings and occasions...."JC" Johnny Conga...Happy Holidays!... :D
JohnnyConga

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!