Teachers in CT - Looking for teachers in hartford area

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby Richard Serrano Senior » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:10 pm

hi all, I've been playing "las congas" for 14 years. However I have never received formal instruction. Are there any teachers and/or classes being offered in the Connecticut area?

Gracias

Richard
Richard Serrano Senior

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:27 pm

Hello ...how close are you to Bridgeport? You might want to try a conguero by the name of Ray Perez who also has a brother named Vinny.. They just released their first CD called "Only the Beggining". Call Shock Recording studios in Bridgeport and ask for Gabriel and he can tell you how to reach Ray. The only thing I don';t know is if he teaches, but from his sound on the CD, I would say he ain't no slouch....he plays. Keep me posted on what happens.....peace..."JC" Johnny Conga......www.kbcs.fm saturdays 9pm East Coast time-"AL LADO LATINO"......
JohnnyConga

Postby Richard Serrano Senior » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:11 am

Gracias for the info

Serrano
Richard Serrano Senior

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:31 am

Vaya Ritchie ...Bienvenido a ese familia de tamboreros...Let me know if you hook up with Ray Perez....paz...."JC" Johnny Conga.....
JohnnyConga

Postby ralph » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:43 pm

you know Victor "Papo" Sterling is in CT, as far as i know he is more of a batalero, but it wouldn't hurt to check out whether he can teach you some conga. He's been around. I believe i can dig up his email, if you want let me know.
peace
ralph

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!