Conga Instructor in the Manhattan Area

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby dvon » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:23 pm

Hi all,

This might be a stupid question, but I've just arrived at New York and would like to find a conga instructor. I would prefer if he/she lives in Manhattan, but any other suggestions are welcome.

On the other hand, I'll also need to buy another pair of tumbadoras, so if anyone knows specific music stores around I would really appreciate it. Also, what about your experience with buying on Ebay? I haven't seen good offers there. Has anyone?

Thanks in advance!
dvon

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:37 pm

Hi Dvon...call Julio torres at 212 427 2244 xt.504...He works at the Harbor Conservatory, which is on 104th st....he will tell u what u can do.....Let me know how it turns out for ya and who you will take lessons from...peace..."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby dvon » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:10 pm

JC thanks for your reply. I had already visited the webpage of the Harbor Conservatory, but I definitely appreciate your advice because I didnĀ“t know about anyone there.

I will tell you how it goes.

Thanks again.
dvon

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:46 am

Dvon ..what do u want to learn on congas, or just learn how to play the drum. I have Bro's in the Bronx that do the hang with Totico y sus Rumberos, so if it's bout the Rumba, I can send u there too....let me know how the Harbor turns out first..."JC" Johnny Conga..... :D
JohnnyConga

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!