Conga Teacher In London

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby Sean » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:55 pm

Hi I am looking for a conga teacher in London, any suggestions?
Cheers
Sean
Sean

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm

I have a Buddy who plays with SnowBoy and the latin Section his name is David with kinda blond hair and thin looking guy.He is a great player and teacher. If u run into him tell him "JC" Johnny Conga from Miami and now Seattle says HI!....Let me know how it turns out....Snowboy has the HOTTEST Latin band in London.....peace..."JC" Johnny Conga........ :D
JohnnyConga

Postby mjw » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:31 pm

That'll be Dave Pattman (half-man half-bata).

I'll vouch for JC - Dave is a great teacher and thoroughly decent bloke. Snowboy's band are VERY hot - there should be a big Snowboy gig coming up at The Forum (Kentish Town) in the next few months - so go along and check them out if you've never seen them.

Another couple of people worth looking out for (tuition-wise) are both Robin Jones and Hamish Orr (Pro Percussion in Kentish Town should have contact details of these guys)

Good luck.
mjw

Postby Sean » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:06 am

Thanks guys, I will follow up on both of your leads.
Cheers
Sean
Sean

Postby Tone » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:25 am

for a great teacher in the cuban tradition get in touch with Jorge Santos 07940 340 160. He can also put you in touch with the best people in Cuba for the trip of your life.
Say Hi from antoine.

cheers
tone
Tone

Postby bongomikee » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi Sean,

Snowboy had lessons with Senior Robin Jones back in the day. I currently have lessons with the grandfather of UK latin. He's great I must say.

His numbers is 07710065815

Best,
Mike
Mikee
London UK
bongomikee

Postby bongomikee » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:07 pm

Hey JC,

Just wanted 2 say its an honour to be converse with u on this forum.

How's life in Seattle?

What u up 2 these days?

Mikee
Mikee
London UK
bongomikee

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:38 pm

WELCOME BongoMikee...to our family of drummers from around the world.....Seattle as they say "has been berry berry gut to me!"....doing it all playing, teaching, recording, promoting,booking, radio show, and more....Well if u been reading my posts u would know that Im a doing a "learning" DVD, at this time. Waiting to hear from Pearl on my new 'conga accessorie" patent pending/invention...which I believe every conga drummer will want. Have also developed a "new" style chair for conga drummers, only.... Gracias Adios y todo mis Orishas....so I have been busy.. How is my man Dave Pattman, please give him my best if u run into him. He played with my folklore group in Miami, back in the 90's...GREAT player and all round nice guy....."JC" Johnny Conga... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... o__2am.jpg
JohnnyConga

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!