what are average rates? - for private lessons $$$

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby franc » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:25 pm

i am also curious and surprised!! who is the one that made that decision to remove his post???. where is the democracy process?? :rock: all take care!! franc :0
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:09 am

His post was against the rules of the forum (which you all agree to upon registering to join the forum) and in particular were slanderous towards me and insulting without provocation.

The post was removed after several made it aware to him that it was unfair and unacceptable.

Lets keep threads on topic!
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby davidpenalosa » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:35 am

OK. Could you for everyone's benefit, post the rules in this thread? It's good to remind everyone now and then. Thanks.
-David :)
davidpenalosa

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:20 pm

Here is my newest 10 year old prodigy "Alejandro"....he is Cuban/American and he is already playing tumbao on 2 congas counting and tapping out loud while he plays, something some of my older students have a hard time doing....he went to see Poncho Sanchez here and came to his lesson fired up and ready togo...Poncho told him that I was a great teacher and he would learn a lot from me.....Thank you Poncho...."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... and_me.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:26 pm

¡Vaya Abure JC!
That’s got to be a great moment in teaching, to have such a young student with great potential!
Keep him close and interested!

Adelante Alejandro!
Adelante mi pana!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1145896103
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:48 pm

Yea he is very enthusiastic and can play clave also, doesn't understand it's use entirely yet ....but can play it with no hesitation and play it right...."JC" Johnny Conga... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... o_jpeg.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:18 pm

They start young in Cuba....."JC" Johnny Conga....chek out his form.....

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... ng_in_Cuba
JohnnyConga

Postby solo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:41 am

halo again comunity!

I think this is a real good topic. in my country (indonesia) I ussually pay Rp 150.000,00 for percussion lesson, that's about 13 dollar for more than 2 hours. wow! that really cheap I think, but in my country that price is already expensive and unaffordable by most student including me, hehe3. that's why i only take the class once a month. after several meeting I realized that this price is really really chip. my teacher teach me a lot, not just technik but also frame of thingking and ethic. he came from french and had stay in my country for 4 years and he is the only person who know afrocuban percussion very well. I really cherish to have him as a teacher. and i really agree with JC about his dedication to pass "Tradition" and not just taking money. salute to you JC!
solo

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Hello Solo and WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY OF DRUM BROTHERS AND SISTERS!.....THANK YOU...."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Smejmoon » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:23 pm

Here in Latvia I pay $8-$5 for an hour. The top rate is for best teacher I can get. And most of the students can not afford that and pay's less.

Few times a year I try to get some foreign teacher and then prices are different. Depends on situation, if he comes to Latvia or if I have to go somewhere.

(But if I would have to pay for 10-12 hours of lessons the price of good conga, I would buy conga now.)
Smejmoon

Previous

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!