Teachers in London

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby DJ Amir » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi,

I have had a few conga lessons since i started playing but I am mainly self taught.

I am interested in finding a good teacher in London who has a good knowledge of salsa and the different styles of rumba, so that I can improve my playing.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
DJ Amir

Postby ABAKUA » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:45 am

Hey DJ...

SON VENENO MY SPACE WEBPAGE (click here)

OFFICIAL SON VENENO WEB PAGE (click here)

My bro Steve (drummer/timbalero/percussionist) can be contacted direct on: 00447900544624

Tell him Marcelo aka Masula put you in contact with him.
great drummer/timbalero and conga player. Very knowledgable and good teacher, played with him for almost 10 years here in Sydney, they are now in London. Give Steve a call.

Edited By ABAKUA on 1156470338
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:16 am

Assaf Seewi may be another teacher and then there is Robin Jones, No 1 cat in England...."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby mjw » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:49 am

Johnny speaks the truth - Robin is a great player and excellent teacher. You should be able to get his contact details from Pro Percussion in Kentish Town, via the Timba website, or keep an eye out for one of his gigs - just go up to him and say hello.

Also in london are Dave Pattman and Hamish Orr - both have extensive (possibly unrivalled in the UK) knowledge of rumba.

Cheers, good luck. :D
mjw

Postby DJ Amir » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:42 am

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for all your suggestions, sorry for the long overdue response (i have been v busy).

I this tuesday I attended a salsa masterclass by the Spanish Harlem Orchestra at the Roundhouse in Camden. George Delgado and Jorge Gonzalez both gave me stacks of advice and left me seriously inspired to improve.

One of the organisers of the event has strong contacts in the London scene and is trying to put me intouch with some drummers.

He has already mentioned a couple of the names you have all recommended.

Once again I thank you for your help.
DJ Amir

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!