Any teachers in the north Florida area?

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby Chapo » Sat May 12, 2007 12:02 pm

Buenos Dias, I'm new to the forum & congas. This is a great board with some very generous people & I appreciate it. I would like to learn some basics from a real congero. If anyone knows of any in my area, hook me up! Thanks.
Chapo

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat May 12, 2007 5:23 pm

where are you in florida?????....EX Miamiite.."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby Chapo » Sat May 12, 2007 6:34 pm

I'm in Jacksonville...originally from the Bronx...left many years ago, early 70's but, as you know JC, you can't take the Bronx out of the kid! Just got me some congas & I'm having a blast here in my living room man! I come from a musical family & always had instruments around but not much congas. I would'nt mind paying someone for a while to get a good foundation going but it must be the right person with some serious backround in latin percussion. With that said, this is only for my enjoyment & pleasure. If it isn't fun, don't do it, that's how I feel. Thanks for replying. You'll be hearing from me on the board but there's plenty to learn just by reading it. Great source...Thanks again.

LC
Chapo

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat May 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Vaya Bro...I'm from "Da Bronx" also .try going to this site...Lessons4you.com......type in your city and see if there is anybody listed in your area....let me know if u find someone and who it is.....cheverongo!...."JC" Johnny Conga..... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Chapo » Sun May 13, 2007 12:23 am

Thanks for the site JC. Nothing came up but you're still listed as being in Miami. I'm going to get some videos & check around the local music scene...maybe something will come up. If you hear anything, let me know.

LC
Chapo

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!