CONGA CAMP with JOHNNY CONGA - Conga Camp

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:37 pm

I am starting something NEW...what I will call "Conga Camp".....for those that would like to come to MY home(in Seattle,WA-USA) and study with me for a week at a time, 5 days a week up to 5 to 6 hours a day ....my home would be open for you, everything provided(food,etc.)...my wife cooks really good... ....I will teach you everything I know...and that comes from my 41 years of experience as a player/performer....my cirriculum is Afro-Caribbean Drumming and Music, plus "styles" of drumming in many forms...How to read, count, rhythmic theory, the Clave, the "Cuban" method as taught in La Escuela Del Artes-Pinar del Rio, street rumba(NY style),etc.. plus bongos and timbales and hand perc. and more....If this is something you would be interested in doing, please email me privetly at [email]johnnyconga@hotmail.com.....Let[/email]'s Do It!...... "JC" Johnny Conga...

http://www.myspace.com/jcjohnnyconga
JohnnyConga

Postby ozrivera » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:07 pm

Saludos Hermanos

JC this a great thing, are you tailoring the camp for an individual person or is it curriculum based for multiple players?

god bless

Oz
Pa-tra ni-pa cojer impulso.
ozrivera

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:18 pm

For Individuals only..."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Congadelica » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:25 pm

:( What a great Idea JC, I only wished i lived a little closer

You could always fly into UK Manchester stay at my home eat and drink what you like ,and teach me all you know . :cool:

Im doing a residential with OVM (one voice music) over here in the uk sometime soon kinda like conga camp .

saludos JC

marco
Congadelica

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:31 pm

Sounds Great Congadelica....take care of my airfare and lessons and I'm there.... :D "JC" Johnny Conga....PS talk to my main man there Dave Pattman, study with him if you can..... :)
JohnnyConga

Postby Whopbamboom » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:59 pm

JC, thanks for offering that!

If I can get my present situation a bit more sorted out, and can get to where I can start making plans to visit my parents in Portland in 2008 sometime, then I would like to take advantage of that! Only thing of course, is that my wife would be on the trip with me... I won't be leaving here behind.

Please keep this offer open even if no one takes you up on it immediately. It could take some of us some time to make the necessary plans for a long-distance trip.
Whopbamboom

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 am

Whopbamboom...where do u live now?....I live 2 1/2 hours North of Portland....you could still drive up...and the wife stays with the family.....while you are here at my home for a week.....unless you would just want a "one" day "intensive' of 6 to 8 hours with me....that is also available and this has to be planned well in advance, due to my own gig schedule....this offer is also available to anyone coming to Seattle,Washington..."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Grateful1 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:49 am

wow JC. I have been looking to find similiar LONG DAY sessions with a teachers in Chitown. but they will only offer 1 hour sessions, which is almost not worth the 4 hour drive.

This would be an unbelievable oppurtunity to learn the congas and gain insight to the NY drum history all at once. I think I would need a few more months of dedicated personal training before I would be ready to make the cross country adventure. It would be a must, to have my hands in great shape for the congarobics. as well as learn as much as I can on my own so I can truly take advantage of all you have to teach. I will def. be in contact with you when the appropriate time comes. and when I have a better financial situation.

I have learned about the Guru-shishya(sp?) relationship that exists between Tabla teachers and students, in INdia. It is a similiar live-in, extensive training regiment. It would be an incredible oppurtunity to study the congas in this style.

Keep it Up, JC :D
Grateful1

Postby Whopbamboom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:29 am

JC, I live in southern California... I would have to make the plans for a long cross-country trip.

I don't think my wife would appreciate me being away from her for a week for the sake of drums... I'd probably have to try to take advantage of an intensive day.
Whopbamboom

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Hello Grateful1.....I am planning on being in Chicago or in the area of South Chicago for a week at the end of September....I could arrange "lesson time" for you,if you like, and any others in the Chicago area....let me know ok ......

Whopbamboom...southern cali is not "cross country" to Seattle, I also plan on being in Los Angeles for 4 days come November, and maybe we can hook up something for you at that time.... ok? peace..."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Whopbamboom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:13 pm

JC, it is to me! Those are not cheap trips to make, and it's not easy to get time away from working to make them.

But, if you come to L.A., let me know in advance so we can make some sort of plans, OK?
Whopbamboom

Re: CONGA CAMP with JOHNNY CONGA - Conga Camp

Postby blas » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Johnny,
Im curious to know how your conga camp is going. have you had many students?
blas

Postby JConga » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Whopbamboom I will be in Santa Monica for 3 days in November maybe we can hook up then.....BLAS....if u go to the CONGAZINE page u can read and see just some of my recent students....Why do u ask?....are u interested?....Johnny Conga...
JConga

Postby Chupacabra » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:23 am

Everything is still going ahead for the session we have planned for next Saturday from this end! Hope all is well with you and I'm looking forward to some quality instructional time! BTW, is it BYO drum? Or do you have some available for use?
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Postby JConga » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Had a GREAT session with Chupacabra from Victoria,Canada....his review will be here soon...Johnny Conga
JConga

Next

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!