looking for a techer in hawaii - need a good teacher in hawaii by any cha

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby mico » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:40 am

hi im from hawaii and i have actually taken lesson before that was about 2years ago..and ive benn kinda stuck with it i kinda got frustrated after a while..i started playing wen i was 15 and now im turning 17 i just need a guide or something to improve my playing skills i havent played conga for maybe 2-3 weeks i hope you guys can help me.. thanks a lot and much respect you guys are the chosen ones!
mico

Postby maSSivdrums » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:11 am

Aloha mico,

Welcome to the Forum. There is a wealth of knowledge in our members here. Feel free to ask them the burning questions or use the search feature to look up old posts for the info you may be seeking.
As for your request I'll send you a personal message as to who you should contact for lessons.

Keep on Poundin'.... :cool: Aloha, maSSivdrums
maSSivdrums

Postby Whopbamboom » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:37 am

Hit up the guys at Volcano Percussion to see who they can refer you to.
Whopbamboom

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:55 pm

If you go to Maui..I can hook u up with my MAIN man there Hector Serrano, so let me know if your going there and i'll give u his number to call....peace.."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby maSSivdrums » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:05 pm

Aloha JC,

I have yet to make it over to Maui to meet Hector. I spoke with Robertito a few weeks ago and he speaks highly of him. By the end of the year we will have a ferry service that will allow us to take our vehicles on the ship and travel interisland, maybe then I can pack my tubs in the car and make it MauWeeee! :laugh: Speaking of, Robertito trying to make it here to possibly do some clinics.

Keep on Poundin'.... :cool: Aloha, maSSivdrums
maSSivdrums

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Well i can tell you both Robertito and Hector both are former students of mine but "friends" for over 25 years...here is Hectors number in Maui...808 344 4261..tell him u spoke with me...."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby mico » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:09 pm

thanks for your guys reply and Referra.. JC i would let you know if i go to maui if anything thank you very much..

massivdrums mahalo for the reply i appreciate it bro and yes i am in oahu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-MM-WvCQ-E check this link out.. i like how he plays his conga its a lil bit different
mico

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!