Congas lessons ?

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Re: Congas lessons ?

Postby burke » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:00 pm

Well.... I don't know if I should thank you guys or curse you for introducing me to the saddest place on the internet.
Burke
burke

Postby korman » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Yeah, those videos are a laugh! Especially the guy with ripped macho holding the bongos on his lap with hembra to his left ...

It is scary though to think that there might be beginners out there who see this and try to actually use those vids :(
korman

Postby ozrivera » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Saludos Hermanos

wow, i dont understand why someone with no apparant knowledge of the instrument would try to give a lesson on it.
if their self defense lessons are anything like the bongo and conga lesson, someone watching those videos is going to get
knocked the F*** out.
however they make for good comedy. funny as hell

suave
Oz
Pa-tra ni-pa cojer impulso.
ozrivera

Postby windhorse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:32 pm

I guess I'm an optimist, in that I think most people who don't know proper technique, or understand the background or contemporary syles with Latin percussion, still will recognize quality when they see it. In other words, they may get duped for a short while, but then understand where they went wrong when they see the real thing..

It's never too late to learn, and everyone falls flat on their face and gets humbled at some point in their evolution as a musician.

Another thing is that when the ignorant players become prominent - like the bongo player out on Fisherman's Wharf yesterday, or these videos, it makes the realizations of the interested observer or learner all that much sweeter when they eventually discover the real thing!! :D
windhorse

Re: Found some in Southern California

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Just spoke to Mario from Isla Percussions, he is located in Gardena, California.
Apart from selling some awesome congas he is also offering Sunday evening Conga lessons (2:00pm) 2 to 3 hours.
You can reach him at 310-916-3425
If you have any questions about his talent you can either call him for questions or check him out on youtube, he's got some awesome promo videos.

1000 Santa Fe Ave.
Los Angeles, Ca.

Web Page: http://www.isladrums.com/
e-mail: mpunchard@islapercussions.com
KING CONGA

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Well for all u "newbies" i have 17 videos on youtube.com type in How to pLAY THE CONGA DRUM....also Johnny Conga Rhythms ....and Johnny Conga DEMO...unfortunatly that guy at Expert Village was there before me and u can obviously see the difference betweeen us at the site....guys like that throw the drum back a hundred years with their total lack of experience and knowledge......Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby Thomas Altmann » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Come on guys; ever heard of the word "humor"? Light yourselves a good joint and have a decent laugh. There isn't that much to laugh about these days, but this fellow is really making my day. If unintended - even better! Some of the most hilarious, most inside-drumming sketches I ever saw! -TA
Thomas Altmann

Previous

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!