Victoria, B.C!... and Vancouver. - Expanding the Network!

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby Chupacabra » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:37 am

I would like to find as many people as I can around this area who are interested in listening to, playing/learning/teaching/making/discussing/dancing/singing African and Afro-Cuban music and instruments (did I miss anything?). Percussion is my main interest but anyone is welcome. I don't have a musical background and am a novice player. With between 3 to 5 people 3 or more times a week, I practise some basic West African, Bembe, Rumba and some other rhythms from books, CDs and some follow up from classes that we take from an instructor. We stay pretty focused and try to stay with the tradition, ie: it's not a "drum circle". The clave rules! We have also been discussing hiring an instructor to give the group of us some small group/private lessons if we can find a qualified instructor who teaches Bembe and Rumba as well as skills development techniques.

I'm interested in meeting or communicating with other people with the same interest and level of dedication - or more. I mentioned African and Afro-Cuban but I'm interested in a lot more than that!

Edited By Chupacabra on 1203136990
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Postby randyc » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:39 am

Sounds like fun. I'm on the mainland but if I ever have a chance to take a trip over I'll get in touch.
Cheers, Randy.
randyc

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!