Conga Teacher in Chicago looking for Students

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Conga Teacher in Chicago looking for Students

Postby hangnailrumbero » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Hello.... My name is Luis Ricardo Lopez and I just moved to Chicago from Miami. I am 30 years old,I am of Cuban/Puertorican descent and I have been playing the conga drum for 18 years now. I have learned and played with some special people that I have come across of and some Mr. JC can vouch for...... Mongo Santamaria(met him thru my father and Pepe Aparicio and Miguel Cruz), may He r.i.p., Ron Loreto aka the white bear(who taught me my first tumbao when I was 12 years old), Oscar Salas(drummer with weather report, david byrne and percussionist with many others), Edwin Torres(ex-native of Chicago), "El Pocho" at FIU(Florida Interational University,Alex Acuna's Cousin)....and countles others. If you are interested in taking Conga Lessons, please feel free to email me @ LRLopez77@gmail.com. I have a study room in my apartment....no problem with other tenants....God Bless y Ashe Pa Ti'.....Oh. By the way.... The member by the name of Omelenko a.k.a. Dario, has a set of Tirados that I sold to him in 2005. He can also vouch for me as he was the one that hosted a dinner party for Mongo Santamaria the christmas before he passed away. We jammed that day for Mongo and he can be of witness of my capabilities....thank you again and hope to hear from you and anyone else who is looking for a conga teacher in Chicago.
hangnailrumbero

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!