Online Conga Lessons

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Online Conga Lessons

Postby sjhendee » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 am

http://www.CongaMasterClass.com

Featuring Michael Spiro, author of The Conga Drummer's Guide Book (Sher Publications) and internationally recognized educator and performer.

Over 2 Gigs worth of videos
    Instruction in Guaguanco, Bembe, Abakua, Iyesa, Salsa Tumbao
    Play Along Recordings
    Lessons added monthly
    $19.95/month

I am really excited to be wrapping up the first phase of this project with Michael. Please come by and check out some of the free videos and if you like it use the coupon code "congaplace" to get 10.00 off the first month's subscription.

Also, come to our virtual launch party. We will be streaming live Wednesday September 10th, 2008 at 7:00PM-Pacific. Michael will give an overview of the site teach a mini lesson. Look for it on CongaMasterClass.com

Steven Hendee
Last edited by sjhendee on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sjhendee

Re: Online Conga Lessons

Postby Derbeno » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 pm

Steven,

Great design and concept.

Micheal Spiro is a great educator, he is top-notch in getting the material across to the student.

I can't seem to find an option to enroll using the "congaplace" coupon code.
$9.95 seems a better option for me at the moment as you are building up the library. This compares to 11 Euros ($16) for VDS with a large Giovanni and Luis Conte library.
Nevertheless you can count on my support in due course.

I wonder if you can direct me better re the use of the coupon.

Also can you tell me the timezone for the 7:00 pm live streaming on Sept 10th?

Wishing you the best of success with this venture!
Last edited by Derbeno on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Re: Online Conga Lessons

Postby sjhendee » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:02 pm

Select Monthly Plan
Register for an account
Agree to Terms of Service
the next page has a box to enter a coupon code
it then goes off to paypal etc.

login using username and password.

7PM Pacific Time September 10th. I edited the original posting.

As far as what you get for the money...I'll leave that up to you. But, in addition to the videos, Michael will be an active participant in our user forums, answering student questions as they arise. Also, we will be a student driven site, that is, if students want more instruction of a particular type we are all for it. These videos are created solely for the purpose of this site and its exclusive use and are not repackaging of a DVD for web use. Finally and I think really cool, it looks like (if popular) Michael will be doing a streaming broadcast monthly for people to view and ask questions.

Subtle differences between the two services, but I think in addition to the videos there is a lot of added value.

steve
sjhendee

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!