Skill Swap - conga lessons in return for recording - London

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Skill Swap - conga lessons in return for recording - London

Postby Boston » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 pm

Well, as per my previous posts, new to conga/bongo, loving every minute of it .....

I live in South London and have a fairly decent home recording studio and if anyone if the area wants to give me a few conga/bongo lessons, i'd be happy for them to come round and record demos or YouTube videos, or whatever . . . .

I'm mainly an electronic producer (jazzy house kinda stuff) and my setup would be ideal for a budding conga/bongo player who wants to do a demo or whatever but hasnt access to other musicians to do a full track. We can lay down some wicked beats and you could lay down your conga/bongo and show yourself off.

Just an idea ...... but if your interested, PM me and we'll go from there.
Boston

Re: Skill Swap - conga lessons in return for recording - London

Postby JConga » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:52 pm

HI Boston goto youtube.com type in search How to play the Conga drum and see my 17 videos for beginners...Johnny Conga
JConga

Postby Boston » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:57 pm

JConga wrote:HI Boston goto youtube.com type in search How to play the Conga drum and see my 17 videos for beginners...Johnny Conga

Thankyou Johnny, I saw them earlier today, although I only watched parts 1 & 2 and used them to help me tune up my congas, amazingly good help, thankyou.

Now i'm happier with my tuning (re: my other post) i'll set aside some time tomorrow to have a quick skat through your vids, then take em in turn, devoting more time to each over the coming months.

They are great videos by the way, very clear and precise for a newbie, top man :wink:
Boston

Postby vinnieL » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:14 am

JC's videos are awesome he's a great man with a passion for teaching and passing on our music.
vinnieL

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!