Bomba Boricua

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Bomba Boricua

Postby Salvarican » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 am

Looking for people interested in Bomba. Our group is centered in Los Angeles. Our practice is on Monday and friday nights. Please contact for more info. molina13@sbcglobal.net PLease be dedicated to represent our culture. :D
Salvarican

Re: Bomba Boricua

Postby Mr. Conga » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Thats great to keep the tradition abd culture that goed with Bomba y Plena music alive in LA. Since there is plenty of Rumbero meetings in LA...but i have not heard of Bomba parties, unless is a concert....know what i mean ?

I have many friends in the LA area, that are percussionist. And i know they would like the fact you guys get together on Monday, since traditionally the weekend is dedicated to the Family and God.

Is this gonna cost money?...or is just Bomberos getting together in LA.
Mr. Conga

Postby Mr. Conga » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Salvarican are you friends with el artesano Papo from Puerto Rico? ? ? :mrgreen: :D :wink:
Mr. Conga

Postby Salvarican » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 am

Mr. Conga wrote:Thats great to keep the tradition abd culture that goed with Bomba y Plena music alive in LA. Since there is plenty of Rumbero meetings in LA...but i have not heard of Bomba parties, unless is a concert....know what i mean ?

I have many friends in the LA area, that are percussionist. And i know they would like the fact you guys get together on Monday, since traditionally the weekend is dedicated to the Family and God.

Is this gonna cost money?...or is just Bomberos getting together in LA.

Yeah, we are the only trditional group in LA. We also have bombazo's here an there but are basically just the group and the friends since not many people in LA know bomba. I do know Papo Del Valle but have not spoken to him in years. He actually was one that supported us with bomba. Yep, thats one main reason we swapped the day to Friday and Monday, family.
Salvarican

Postby Mr. Conga » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:19 am

I spoke to him a few months back around Agust 08.he was really busy. But we spoke about how beautiful the tradition of that music is, and that it must be kept alive.
I mention to him how there is a big scene for Bomba, in New York , but very rarely in other states.
And he told me he had a friend in LA, by the last name of Molina working hard to keep it alive.

He gave me a phone number to get a hold of him, and told me any time visiting the area to check the Bombazo's.
He told me give them my Greetings, and tell them to keep it Alive and Strong!
Mr. Conga

Postby Salvarican » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:08 am

Yeah, im pretty sure that is me. I made the barriles in our group. Actually the last time i spoke to him was when i finished the first barill. I have several ever since.
Salvarican

Postby Cangrejero7 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:49 am

I went to LA and was delighteddddd to see Bomba alive and kicking there! The group I saw was Atabey I believe, Im not sure if thats your group.
Once 'Rule Candela' started I couldnt help but get on my feet hehehe :)
Cangrejero7

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!