Latin Percussion LESSONS in UTAH!! Funk/Jazz/Latin/African+

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Latin Percussion LESSONS in UTAH!! Funk/Jazz/Latin/African+

Postby Salvael » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm a mexican-american professional percussionist. I just moved to Utah County early this year from LA, and I am looking for students interested in seriously learning how to play latin percussion in all sorts of different styles. I am looking to teach lessons individually or in group; I personally prefer in groups from 2-5, specially because is more interactive and constructive, after all, that's how latin percussion is supposed to be played, right?

For now I got a professional set of congas, bongos, pandeiro, djembe, and all sorts of smaller percussion, but I am planning on using the incoming cash to get some extra equipment here soon. I also play and can teach how to play the cajon, other afro-cuban percussion, caja vallenata, batas, berimbau, etc. I expect the students to either already have his/her own drum (s), or have it by at least the 2nd lessons.

I have quite of experience both teaching and playing in Mexico for a little bit and in the US. I've been playing latin percussion professionally for over 10 years. I currently have my own Salsa/Latin Jazz band, "Salsa de Cacao," you can check it on facebook, I am the founder of the Drum Circle Club in Utah, and perform as an invited percussionist for Voice of Africa.I've played with Abraxas, the best Santana tribute band in the US, I've also played as Alex Boye's percussionist, and as an invited guest artist at the BYU-Idaho jazz festival, along with Jay Lawrence, great drumset player from Utah. I've also played with a few bands in Mexico, like "Tercer Elemento" (Christian rock, kinda like Mana), Radio Guerrilla (Reggae/Rock/Ska), and tons of Latin Jazz, African, Funk, Rock, Hip hop, Electronic, and Flamenco. I've recorded already a few cd's independently, so I could provide some samples if requested.

If interested and looking for further details just shoot me an email to UtahConga@gmail.com
Salvael

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!