Rumba in Tampa?

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Rumba in Tampa?

Postby amaxs81 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Any of my fellow Florida peeps know of a rumba I could check out? I've played kit for about 13 years, mostly jazz, funk, some rock and I'm new to congas/timbal/bongo but I'd love to check out some cats and possibly start learning a thing or two from some local peeps...youtube can only get you so far, tu sabes? I can play basic guaguanco, can't do much for the yambu/columbia genre's yet but I'm working on it.
amaxs81

Re: Rumba in Tampa?

Postby Garvin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey man, I'm going to be visiting Venice Florida from Mar. 10-17. I would totally love to find some rumba going on as well. I was going to go check out the Venice Beach drum circle on Saturday night and try poaching some folks from there, but i'd much rather find people who are actually familiar with the music. Let me know if you want to hook up at some point. I can drive to meet you wherever, or you can come down to Venice (I think its South of Tampa). Either way, let me know what you find. I want to play while I'm down there. I have a weekly rumba I go to right now, I'm comfortable with guaguanco and bembe and would be into working out some Mozambique or Comparsa etc...
Garvin

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!