Teachers in Cuba...

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Teachers in Cuba...

Postby Sammy_L_D » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:10 am

Hello everyone:

I am new to this forum, and it looks like an awesome community reading through so far!

Looking through some of the posts, I figured some of you might have insight on my questions. I have been strongly considering the idea of taking a trip to Cuba (few weeks probably, maybe a month at most) to study congas in that setting. I took some private lessons a few years back when I first got started, and have been pretty much self-taught since then.

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to go about doing this? I'd be REALLY into the idea of finding a teacher I could literally stay with (or at least nearby), and being as absorbed into music as possible.

I live in Canada, so getting to Cuba is hardly a concern (heck there's even direct flights from my city).

Any information is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

edit:
Also forgot to mention...if there's someone in Canada or the States you might recommend as well (affordable is the word of the day ;)) I'm all ears! I'm in South-Western Ontario.
Sammy_L_D

Re: Teachers in Cuba...

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:20 am

JC Johnny Conga offers lessons and has a structured course he offers from his home in Seattle. Check out his Conga Camp intensive threads in here.

If you are serious about Cuba, I can refer you accordingly.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Re: Teachers in Cuba...

Postby Sammy_L_D » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. Seattle's probably about as far as Cuba from here anyways, but sounds like it's worth looking into!

Any insight on Cuba is much appreciated as well!
Sammy_L_D

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!