Lessons With Johnny Conga

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Re: Lessons With Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:38 am

Here are some ways to do single and double 5 strokes ...utilizing tone and slap...

http://youtu.be/LMPxRAY4954
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:20 am

New ONLINE Conga drum pupil from Rainier Valley WA- Steve Kastama Dec 2012
002.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby Kaban » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 am

Greetings People,

I just wanted to share my progress with my lessons with JC; I just started my three drum lessons! After putting some time in with JC, and practing his exercises (mostly on my desk at work with an online metronome playing on the PC); JC stated it's time for three drums. Well, after going thru some basic, and always creative exercises made up by JC, my mind was fried, and I forgot my right from my left! It felt like learning to walk all over again. JC was patient, and gently pushed me till I said no mas, another great lesson, thanks JC.

Kaban
Kaban

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I AM AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE CONGA DRUM LESSONS..THIS WORKS!...all that is needed is a webcam microphone and lots of desire...email me at johnnyconga@hotmial.com if your serious about really learning how to play the Conga drum...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:33 am

New ONLINE pupil of the Conga drum Stefan Kant of Hawaii...
20130205_153615.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Anyone interested in ONLINE Conga drum lessons? I work around your schedule and time...email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com if interested or have any questions...Please go to my Congazine page here at Congaplace and read what others have experienced with me. Thank you..I look forward to helping you on your road with the drum...
Slide1.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm

From an Online pupil from England

George Donoghue Johnny is an awesome teacher. Instructive. Quick to find what you need to focus on. Patient. Insightful. Funny. Just what you need if your time is precious, but you can get in front of webcam for a few hours a week. He's helped me get those tones right and given me the confidence to grow. Really, really importantly he's always there for questions and support outside of the lessons.
JohnnyConga

Postby Kaban » Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 am

Greetings,

I could recap my recent lesson, like I have in the past, but I haven't recived enough feed back by people who are curious as to what goes on in a lesson that is 1 hour and 30-45 minutes long. I wanted to highlight/bring to light, just how great JC responds when you question him on "why are we practicing so and so/ listening to /studing so and so"...he always give me an imformative answer. I have taken a couple blocks of lessons from him, so I believe I can tell you what to expect. Expect, under JC direction (lessons), to build up a strong foundation, to be gently pushed, learn rhythms, and be educated on latin music/drum history.

Anybody, who wants to know what goes on, without anyone knowing their interested, just PM me.
Kaban

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Learn to play the Conga drum with Johnny Conga- 50 years of playing experience and over 25 as a Teacher of how to play the Conga drum...
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyConga with live performances and learning videos...email at johnnyconga@hotmail.com..
Johnny Conga
http://www.youtube.com
Professional Musician/Educator/Rhythmic Arranger. Endorsed by VOLCANOPercussion.com NEW CD OYE! available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnnyConga and http://...
Like · ·

Johnny Conga Also a 3 day and a 5 day 'one on one' Conga Intensive available in my home(Seattle WA) room and food included. I will teach you for 6 hours a day....2 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon with a break at 3pm...practice time alone is available after day's lesson up to 8pm.also access to my music library...i will also pick u up at the airport and take you back, and if time allows, to take you around Seattle to see local bands or attend any gigs I may have while you are here...email me privately at johnnyconga@hotmail.com for more information and what I teach on the drum
JohnnyConga

Re: Apologies to Johnny Conga

Postby 440ranch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 pm

My apologies to Johnny Conga...
I was in the Seattle area recently, and was not able to make it to
A lesson I had set up with JC.

He was gracious enough to fit me in, and made his schedule work to fit mine,
But things being what they were, I was not able to make it.

Thank you JC, and again... Sorry.

I'm the one who got the worst end of that deal.
440ranch

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:37 pm

NO PROBLEM BRO!...we can always meet on Skype....
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 pm

New Online pupils of the Conga drum from England Mr. Alan Malarky
Alan Malarky.jpg

Sue Hadjapoulos NYC-percussionist for Joe Jackson and others...Online pupil for 'advanced' techniques
SUE HADJOPOULOS.jpg

Junior Pena-San Diego- New Online pupil
Junior Pena.jpg

Online pupil Cecil I.White from Des Moines IA-
Cecil I. White.jpg

Online pupil Juan Alvarez-Naples Florida
Juan Alvarez.jpg

I am available for Online instruction on the Conga drum, whether a beginner or an intermediate player...please private msg me here or at johnnyconga@live.com....
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:42 pm

ANY NEWBIES HERE LOOKING FOR MENTORING ON THE CONGA DRUM?..I HAVE 50 YEARS ON THE DRUM AND TEACHING HOW TO PLAY FOR 30 YEARS....EMAIL ME AT johnnyconga@live.com ...see what i offer above...y yo hablo espanol...
JohnnyConga

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:59 am

I would love to sit down with you JC for an hour or so, finding a time is the hassle for me given time zones (on the other side of the world). Hopefully when I get some annual leave from my day job we can work something out.

I highly recommend JC to anyone, the brother is seasoned pro in every aspect.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:34 am

Abakua I have 2 pupils one in Sydney and one in Melbourne..its easier than you think with Skype ...I know your a day ahead of me, but it can be worked out...anytime you want my Brother..I do offer a FREE INTRODUCTORY INSTRUCTION...
JohnnyConga

PreviousNext

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!