The CongaStore - ... an interactive store ...

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Postby CongaMan » Tue May 21, 2002 12:12 am

Hi Congueros,
the CongaStore has been re-structured with a strong database on support and implemented with a Visitor's Suggested Items and Review System.

Let us know what's your favourite Cd, the best Video, Book... or whatever you think worth while mentioning to a Conga Fan! Tell us if we should buy or not the items listed in the store by adding your review ...

Only with your help we can trasform an useless list of items to a great source of valuable informations!

To visit the CongaStore:
click here

Enjoy Drummin' :)
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:01 pm

Hello everyone....updating my progress on my Instructional DVD. I have found a great little studio a friend of mine has that I can shoot it in. I plan it to be at least a 2 hour DVD covering a lot of things like, counting, tapping,and reading, tumbao variations-3 point tumbao/2 point tumbao,Developing a Roll, Doubles in 5 7 and 9, and a whole lot more, Clave consiousness, rhythms and "styles". ....I have been very busy in the studio working with a group here in Seattle called "Yogi & The Yoginees", only in Seattle, Gentleman....but it's turning out to be an interesting mix of Latin Jazz, Afro-Fusion, Tabla/Samba fusion( I layed down all the Brasilian perc, tracks over a tabla track that was recorded by itself and the individual played a "Samba tabla" rhythm and I put the "sweetners") on it, and it sure is different stuff, from whatever I have done. Also preparing to go into the recording studio to start my next recording project "Mi Segundo Amor/My Second Love"....which is the Vibraphone. After congas, that's the instrument for me. I"m self taught going on about 6 years, but I wouldn't call my self a vibist, but I can play a little....so that is the News up here in the Pacific Northwest...also dont forget to tune in online to my radio show "AL LADO LATINO" every saturday at 6pm PST. 91.3 FM..www.kbcs.fm ......"JC" Johnny Conga...... :;):
JohnnyConga

Postby otto » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:57 pm

Hello JC
I am sure you figured I be the first to reply on the Instructional DVD. We had gotten some good feedback to some of the posts about the learning tool. I am glad its going to happen, So I will begin to start haunting you again about this. there were several ideas mentioned abot what we newbies would like to see. So we are on tract for the end of the summer (the pressure begins) I am really looking forward to it let me know if I can help in any way.
"And The Journey Begins"
Otto
otto

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:36 am

Any suggestions would be most welcome of course...once again what would u like to see in an Instructional DVD.? I also plan on my CD have it "enhanced" as some are coming out that way today , which means if u don;'t know already. u pop the Cd into your Computer and u get 10 minute video of Thanks or a lesson, besides the music. Rebeca Mauleon did it on her new release "Latin Fire"....check it out....great CD too...how u duin?...."JC" Johnny Conga..... :;):
JohnnyConga

Postby twiggd » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:39 pm

Conga Man

Greetings form California!!! Say listen, I have checking out the conga store lately. When I choose an item to view, all I get is a yellow window with a description. No picture. In previous logins, I would be directed to musciansfriend.com automatically and be able to view and shop when selecting an item. This is no longer available. Now, I log into musciansfriend.com manually. Am I doing something wrong????

God Bless!!!

David :cool:
twiggd

Return to News