Benefit Concert for Francisco Aguabella?

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Benefit Concert for Francisco Aguabella?

Postby KING CONGA » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 am

There is talk about a benefit concert being put together by the Banda Brothers for the great conguero Francisco Aguabella. Apparently he is suffering from cancer. Does anyone have any information about this event. Thats too bad about Francisco A. I hope that he fully heals. He is one of the few Old School Congueros. It would no doubt be a great loss for all os us.
KING CONGA

Re: Benefit Concert for Francisco Aguabella?

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 am

this was posted over at Congaclub

> From: "Gary Eisenberg" <gary_eisenberg@...>
> Date: February 21, 2010 1:57:46 PM PST
> To: <latinjazz@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Benefit tribute for Francisco Aguabella!
>
>
> A very important announcement coming your way, fellow gruperos! We will be having a benefit concert for Francisco Aguabella. Coordination of this event is in the capable hands of Danilo Lozano along with RamÛn and Tony Banda. The list of musicians is only a partial list. We would need a flyer the size of a large BILLBOARD, with 12-point typeface, if we hoped to list even half the musicians who will participate! I start to get dizzy when think about his alumni alone (and I am among them - I worked on Francisco's band at various points in time during the late seventies and into the eighties - I remember those wild gigs at Miami Spice - we used to call it "Miami Vice" - and that other place near the beach, I think it was called "St. Marks"). I've been swamped with my dayjob work, which has taken a backseat to this flyer project. Now I have to get back to work!
>
> I am confident that the Banda Brothers and Danilo will done a fine job of coordinating this event, not to mention making stellar musical contributions of their own. Interested musicians should contact them directly - privately of course, so we don't clog up this forum. I'm going to be emailing to my list of musicians directly as well, but wanted to get this up on the forum as quickly as possible.
>
> I want to offer two apologies at this time: 1) Any omissions on this VERY partial list of musicians - this flyer took FOREVER to put together as it is; and 2) Because my time has been so stretched (and, I suspect, though I've not yet spoken with 'Mon or Tony, their time has well), some folks will be learning of their anticipated participation in this event for the first time, when they read this flyer on their email! I do apologize for that. And I want to make one request - please please please, contact the Banda Brothers or Danilo directly, should you want to inquire about this event. I'm still catching up after coordinating that benefit gig for my dear brother Negrito, who is still on the mend, by the way.
>
> AchÈ to one and all,
bongosnotbombs

Re: Benefit Concert for Francisco Aguabella?

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 am

For any of you who might be interested in this awesome event:
The benefit will be held at Steamers Jazz Cafe in Fullerton Ca, Tuesday March 9th.
I will be there, its only about 1/2 hr from where I live. The Banda brothers play some mean Latin Jazz.
Attachments
fRANCISCO.jpg
KING CONGA

Return to News