MY Latest CD-Breaking Skin/Rompiendo el Cuero

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Re: MY Latest CD-Breaking Skin/Rompiendo el Cuero

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Ok guys ..I need anyone that can help me raise monies for my next CD-Gozando como Siempre...I am now lowering it to 7 bucks a cd. 5 for the CD and 2 bucks for the S&H...The Cd has 18 tracks of great Latin Jazz and Afro-Cuban/Caribbean drumming and music....please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail for the address to send either a check or postal money order....I THANK YOU in advance in your support of the music and my next project...Im looking at possibly one hundred of you helping me out?..considering member ship here is over 1,ooo...a hundred is a low figure ...and you can consider yourself a 'co-producer' of my next Cd... :D ..."JC" Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Im a bit dissapointed here guys...55 of you have seen this post and I have only had ONE order from this site....I would buy your CD if you had one,and play it on my radio show as well, & 7 bucks is not a lot of money at all.....Thanks in advance to anyone purchasing Breaking Skin and contributing to my next CD Gozando como Siempre. "JC" Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby Jibaro » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:Im a bit dissapointed here guys...55 of you have seen this post and I have only had ONE order from this site.

Hey, I bought it last year... and I paid $9. Maybe some of the other 54 did too.

Why don't you consider taking pre-orders on your new CD as a way of raising capital?
Maybe collect a 20% deposit or something if it's going to be a while.

R
Jibaro

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Thank you Jibaro!..I appreciate that..your right..but there are over 1,ooo registered here and I know they didnt buy my cd...Im trying to sell my current Cd to pay for the next one, to those that didnt get it first time around for only 7 bucks now..am I asking for too much???... i dont know anymore...."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby niallgregory » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 am

Hey jc , i didnt get a copy of your cd yet .Whats the best of way getting it ? Can you post to Ireland ? Cheers .Niall ...
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby windhorse » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Just bought it from CD Baby, imported to Itunes, listening on stereo now!
Johnny, I listened to the sample sounds once when you first made the CD, and decided it was worth getting but didn't actually download it then.. Sorry! :oops:
But, this music is really good! So I'm glad I have it now!
Thanks!

I know a lot of us on here are "purists" and so will only buy "Mongo, Tito, Chacho, Muñequitos, etc." Therefore leaving out our list brethren.. I guess I can't blame you,,, however, Johnny has put together some fab musicians here and it's way better than just another guy trying to make something good and gets reduced to asking for support.. :mrgreen:

BTW, I made a CD on Itunes called "Animal Dreams" It has the wrong Bio from the Christian Rock Dave Crowder band, (he has the same name), but I think it still is good enough to have in a collection of eclectic music. It's a didjeridu CD with the didj played, by me, as a percussive as well as melodic instrument. The percussion is played by a highly advanced dumbek player "Shahara", and I've been really humble on this list saying anything about it. But thereyago,, now I did.
windhorse

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Thank U Windhorse!...I appreciate the support. Please email me privetly at johnnyconga@hotmail.com for the address to send your Cd and I'll get it to my radio station for airplay...BTW How would you describe my playing?...and Yes I had the Best cats in the Latin Music biz working with me when i did the CD at that time....and if there are any others here with CD's speak up..and let's support each other....Thank you everyone in advance "JC"Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby windhorse » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:How would you describe my playing?...
"JC"Johnny Conga

Thanks Johnny, I'm emailing you for address to send CD.. It'll just be a copy of the disc. Since I don't have anymore to give away. The CD only exists now as online download at Itunes.
The link to Itunes is:
http://mrcrowder.us/anmldrms.html

Your playing I'd say is classic traditional on the contemporary salsa (the slaps are crisp and stick out like they should),, and quick and fast with long fills and rolls on the folkloric. There's a classic sounding roll that is your standard sound that I lack in my own leads.. You use nice transitions between the onbeat rolls that later move offbeat. Something to be learned there.. Again, thanks,
Dave
windhorse

Postby niallgregory » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:Thank U Windhorse!...I appreciate the support. Please email me privetly at johnnyconga@hotmail.com for the address to send your Cd and I'll get it to my radio station for airplay...BTW How would you describe my playing?...and Yes I had the Best cats in the Latin Music biz working with me when i did the CD at that time....and if there are any others here with CD's speak up..and let's support each other....Thank you everyone in advance "JC"Johnny Conga

pm me your address mate and i will send you a Cachimbo cd for you radio show ! Cheers . Niall .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 pm

No my statement wasn't directed towards anyone here at all..It's just that im finding the younger generation today seems to be making a lot of history up without doing their homework(research)....that's all Im saying.."JC" Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Return to News