PLAY IN JAPAN AND GET PAID!...

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

PLAY IN JAPAN AND GET PAID!...

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 pm

http://www.starnow.co.uk/Casting-Calls/ ... _la_ca.htm

FOR GUYS THAT CAN TRAVEL AND WANT TO GET PAID AS WELL...SOUNDS LIKE A DECENT DEAL..GOOD LUCK/BUENA SUERTE!...

PS YOU HAVE TO SIGN INTO THE SITE TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION!....
JohnnyConga

Re: PLAY IN JAPAN AND GET PAID!...

Postby Chupacabra » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 pm

It looks like it would be a decent gig but unfortunately out of my range.

The pay scale seems very low though. Even with the per diem and accomodations and so on, Japan and Tokyo in particular, is very expensive. If you are a young guy or girl without major commitments at home it would definitely be a good go!

I wonder why it's only open to Americans?
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 pm

This is really a gig for someone starting on their musical career with no immediate responsibilities/ or for someone who NEEDS a gig!...D...and can be free to travel...the money isnt that bad for someone just starting..and it could lead to recording sessions as well in Japan, and other weekend gigs...the company doing the hiring is a UK company but the auditions are being held in Los Angeles, if you can make it for the Sept audition ..the gig starts in Feb.2012....
JohnnyConga

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 am

Just the experience of living and working in Japan would be fantastic for someone just starting out. It's an amazing country and Japanese people are really friendly and accommodating. When it comes to business they are very serious. They have very diverse tastes in music so a show like this does not surprise me at all.

I will be travelling back to Osaka again in September and hope to find a workshop or lesson to check out while I'm there. I'll need something to occupy my time for at least 6 weeks!
Chupacabra

Postby pavloconga » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:14 am

Looks like this is from actual show 'Minnie Oh! Minnie' from Disneyland Tokyo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqxEJichYTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSXVZsnA ... re=related

Sounds like the congas and bell patterns are on backing track.

Could you handle this 5 times a day? :roll: :lol:
pavloconga

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 am

pavloconga wrote:Looks like this is from actual show 'Minnie Oh! Minnie' from Disneyland Tokyo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqxEJichYTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSXVZsnA ... re=related

Sounds like the congas and bell patterns are on backing track.

Could you handle this 5 times a day? :roll: :lol:

Oh my...!

After seeing that I don't think you could pay me enough! After a week I'd be screaming "Someone pass the pixie dust and get me the **** outta here!".
Chupacabra

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Good for someone with drum corp experience, young with little responsability at home, take it as a paid rehearsal.....but all of that pink i don't know.

Peace
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby Thomas Altmann » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:56 pm

It's an amazing country and Japanese people are really friendly and accommodating. When it comes to business they are very serious. They have very diverse tastes in music so a show like this does not surprise me at all.

New York based vibes and harmonica player Hendrik Meurkens, my old buddy from his Hamburg years, once told me of one Jazz concert in Japan (with Jimmy Cobb). During the intermission the owner of the place came to the backstage room and said in his typical Japanese gentleness "verry nice, verry nice ... an' nex' set ... play fasta!" Image

I know one shouldn't generalize, but there different people all around the globe, and imagine finding yourself in such a nightmare after proudly having passed the audition (apropos moving centerstage).

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:54 pm

I know this gig isnt for everyone.. I myself have been and performed in over 50 countries...you can't get experiences like this everyday...and they are too few as it is today...so for those that don't want to pursue it,cool...but there maybe someone here that wants that "experience"..if was 22 23 2 I'd be on it and ready to go..my saying is "one gig can lead to another!"..and If your smart you can come home with some money in your pocket and a bunch of new connections...and a possible return to work in other situations.......IMHO....
JohnnyConga

Postby niallgregory » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Great opportunity i reckon . Fuck it i might go meself :D
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby congamyk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:56 pm

THAT'S the spirit Nial@! :lol:
congamyk

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Last edited by Chupacabra on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chupacabra

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:I know this gig isnt for everyone.. I myself have been and performed in over 50 countries...you can't get experiences like this everyday...and they are too few as it is today...so for those that don't want to pursue it,cool...but there maybe someone here that wants that "experience"..if was 22 23 2 I'd be on it and ready to go..my saying is "one gig can lead to another!"..and If your smart you can come home with some money in your pocket and a bunch of new connections...and a possible return to work in other situations.......IMHO....

Oh don't get me wrong! If I didn't have all these anchors tied to me I would go for it - with or without the pixie dust!
And like every other job out there... A paid gig = experience. As JC pointed out too, any contacts you make are like investing in your future.

Future gigs like this one, for example:
http://www.isla-de-salsa.jp/2011/home_en.html
Chupacabra

Postby Anonimo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:22 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby pcastag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:13 am

OK, young, single, 5 30 minute shows a day (2.5 hours) 760 per week, food paid for, apartment paid for, what else could you want? Ain't got **** to do, go check it! I'll bet a number of bad ass drummers show up for that audition!
PC
pcastag

Return to News