NEW CD OYE!...IS HERE!!!..

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Re: NEW CD OYE!...IS HERE!!!..

Postby CongaTick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:23 pm

CONGRATS, JC! WELL-DESERVED.
CongaTick

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 am

Well Deserved, Congratulations!
RitmoBoricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 am

TKS GUYS!.....http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnnyConga and for those here that also purchased my CD ..Thank you all!...
DSCN0715.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby Kaban » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Awesome!
Kaban

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Tks Kaban!..I appreciate it..and Tks to anyone here who buys the CD..

My Award winning Latin Jazz CD OYE! is available at
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnnyConga
♫ Oye! - Johnny Conga.
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:03 pm

NEW CD OYE!...IS HERE!!!..

NEW REVIEW OF MY NEW CD OYE!... http://youtu.be/F5u-bDeBbsQ
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue May 21, 2013 1:43 am

I'd like to THANK those that have purchased OYE!...

PERCUSSIONIST JOHNNY CONGA'S AWARD WINNING CD- OYE! FINDS SUCCESS WITH JAZZ AND LATIN JAZZ MARKETS!!

Brooklyn New York born, and raised in the Bronx, New York City percussionist Johnny Conga here on congas, bongos timbales and vibraphone among other miscellaneous percussion instruments has found success with the masterful Oye! CD.

J.C. was raised on the music of Beny More and Guaguanco Mantancero (Los Munequitos) along with Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington and other jazz greats of the era! But it was Mongo Santamaria who came along “and my life changed” says J.C. “his music had the most profound affect on me as a young man..his drumming, his music was what I wanted to do and play”.

In a career that spans over 45 years, Johnny Conga has played with some of the best in music including, Arturo Sandoval, Paquito D'Rivera, Carlos Santana, Eddie Palmieri, Gloria Estefan, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Willie Bobo and Mongo Santamaria to name a few!

Oye! has been receiving great response from Jazz and Latin Jazz radio and Internet radio. Oye! was also Album of the Week in Latin Jazz Net.com and most recently Seattle's Earshot Jazz which initiated the Golden Ear Awards in 1990 to recognize the accomplishments of Seattle jazz artists over the previous year awarded J.C. with its North West Recording of the Year award FOR OYE! 2012!!

Look for the CD review coming soon in Jazz Inside Magazine!

As J.C. says about the tunes on Oye! “I covered 6 tunes because they were all classic jazz standards, by classic jazz musicians but I wanted to do them the way I heard them to be played not the standard way”.

The result are some very hip arrangements and interpretations of Eddie Harris' Cold Duck Time, Lee Morgan's Sidewinder and the Wayne Shorter gem
Footprints, all with great soloing and locked in with with Johnny Conga's sensational rhythmic senses and improvisations and are already favorites at jazz radio across the country and Internet radio around the world!!

Danny V. of Tiempo Latino has this to say about Oye! "Listening to Oye!'s great sound and arrangements, the superb band is tight, this is a great album Johnny. Heard many renditions of Footprints but this one is really swinging, I love Mambo for Tjader. Will be playing this CD a lot".

J.C.'s arrangement of Tito Puente's Mambo Diablo where his soulfully rich vibraphone playing is displayed is as powerful as the original while his vibraphone playing on the tender All Of You is romantically exquisite!

J.C.'s writing shines brightly on Oye! as well with Chablue where again the soloing is masterful by all and Mambo For Tjader maybe the swinging-est Latin Jazz tune you'll ever hear!

Johnny Conga has assembled a top notch group of musicians that deliver with supreme authority, just one session with Oye! and you to will be delivered to the incredible sound of Johnny Conga!! Oye! is available now!!

Visit the music world of Johnny Conga at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnnyConga.
♫ Oye! - Johnny Conga. Listen @cdbaby
[
[
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Still on some playlists... Tks again to those that have purchased OYE!.. it is still available at Itunes, CDBABY, Amazon and others...

Johnny Conga in Playlist http://www.jazzcaribe.blogspot.com PS Im sharing this along side my 'homies and friends ' from the Bronx Bobby Matos and Jerry Gonzalez
JohnnyConga

Postby yojavi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Hey Johnny,
I'm new here and I downloaded your CD. I'm enjoying it and use it to practice. I've added to my "Latin Music" folder that I play along with. Great stuff!
Javier
yojavi

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello Javier..Thank you very much for the support of my music and CD OYE!.. any questions about it?...
61pF0PnbiaL._SL110_.jpg
61pF0PnbiaL._SL110_.jpg (4.06 KiB) Viewed 9516 times
JohnnyConga

Postby tootyfull » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Hello.Hello,Hello!I will have to listen to sound bites from this CD as I have not heard it yet.Looks very interesting...Thanks for posting!

Tootyfull
tootyfull

Previous

Return to News