RAUL REKOW

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

RAUL REKOW

Postby CongaTick » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:24 pm

RIP, bro. You were responsible for so many people following the path of the conga and bringing joy to the millions of Santana fans.
CongaTick

Re: RAUL REKOW

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

R.I.P. - a great drummer with spirit and attitude.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Psych1 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:28 am

So, I was in a plane on the Frankfort airport tarmac, got a WiFi connection, and for some reason decided to check this board because it had been a while. I saw Mike's post and thought what a coincidence, here I am in Germany and the first post I see is from Mike. I had just started the movie "Zodiac" on the plane and exactly as I was reading the post the movie opened with a great solo by Raul. Coincidence? or something more?

RIP Raul. You gave a lot and will be remembered as one of the best.
Psych1

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Psych1 wrote:So, I was in a plane on the Frankfort airport tarmac, got a WiFi connection, and for some reason decided to check this board because it had been a while. I saw Mike's post and thought what a coincidence, here I am in Germany and the first post I see is from Mike. I had just started the movie "Zodiac" on the plane and exactly as I was reading the post the movie opened with a great solo by Raul. Coincidence? or something more?

Wow, what you experienced is way more than just coincidence!

To Raul Rekow: I am glad I could see him live in concert a couple of years ago.
His passionate, musically brilliant playing will be unforgettable.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Kaban » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 am

Loved his passion when he played. RIP
Kaban

Postby pavloconga » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Such sad news to hear the great Raul Rekow has passed away. I was fortunate enough to meet him about 10 years ago.
He was humble, friendly and genuine and a great percussionist.
His parting words have always stayed with me, "Keep on playing!"

Gone too soon.
Rest in Peace Raul.
pavloconga

Postby Chiconga » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:37 am

May he rumba in peace para siempre! Last year I took my 84 year old mother "Mi Chaparita de Oro", to see Santana in Vegas. It was Paoli Mejias first night with the band, Carlos called him a virgen. I later bumped into some of the band members who informed that Raul was very ill, boy that was some sad news. I first saw Raul in 1974 or 75 with Sapo, then countless times Carlos, side by side with Armando, always good shows but some were down right MAGICAL!
Chiconga

Return to News