2 AÑOS DE LA MUERTE DE ANGÁ

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

2 AÑOS DE LA MUERTE DE ANGÁ

Postby traumtyp » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:46 am

Sin darme cuenta han pasado 2 años de la partida de Angá, 2 años en que cada vez más me impresiona su forma de tocar...

TE RECORDAMOS SIEMPRE MAESTRO..
traumtyp

Re: 2 AÑOS DE LA MUERTE DE ANGÁ

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Tremendo dolor y tristesa que senti el dia que me llego la noticia. I am thankful everyday for the time I was honoured to spend with him, I will always cherish the memories of our laughs, talks and time on the drum, though it is 2 yrs since his tragic untimely passing, I learn new things from him everyday.
Every single time I sit at my drum I have a thought of him tearing into my congas.
Maestro you are severly missed and dearly remembered.
Tremendo rumbon en el cielo se formo.
Attachments
post-5-67793-DSCN2674.JPG
post-5-68795-DSCN2719.JPG
post-5-69481-DSCN2746.JPG
997061588_l.jpg
n632879467_1300607_9488.jpg
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Anga passed way to early, I think of that everytime I listen to his Echu Mingua album.
Tata, Patato, Ray, Mongo you can say they lived long full lives, and their passing is sad,
but Anga was too young.
When I listen to Anga it is sometimes sad because there will be no more from him. Anga on the Cachaito
record inspired me to the congas, before I only played the bongos.
bongosnotbombs

Postby Omelenko1 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 pm

In 1996 I went to Paris on my honeymoon with my second wife, a late friend of mine Emilio, was very close with Anga' and he gave me Anga's number. I called him when I got to Paris, at the time he was living there with his wife Maya. I invited him and her out for diner and we had a wondurful time together, he gave me some "mano secreta" tips on top of the table at the restaurant and this annoyed some French people that were there. We only met that one night because the next day he flew to Israel with Ray Hardgrove's group. I inquired if he had any Cuban SONOCS that he wanted to sell, he said that back in La Habana he did, but in France he was endorsed by Toca and that was all he had. He recommended I go to the NEW MORNING, a jazz club in Paris that was featuring "Maraca", (Orlando "Maraca" Valle). I did go and saw Roberto Vizcaino Guillot on congas and Jesus Alfonso, from Los Munequitos, as invited guest on quinto, I even sat in with them on a Son Montuno tune that Maraca did. It was an evening I'll never forget.

ANGA LIVES!

Dario :|
Omelenko1

Return to The CongaZine