M. Santamaria Technique

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Postby Smejmoon » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm

If you want to put this pic on cover, maybe try shooting with different lights. I'd suggest put some in front in one side or both. It will let you and instruments shine and see your face better. Not it's in shade.
Smejmoon

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:45 pm

Tks...this is just one flik...but your right...it will get fixed...."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Roy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:09 am

Hi JC. I think most of us have been waiting patiently for your DVD and understand computer problems. Thanks for the update and hope you can finish it up soon. Also, hope the computer doesn't eat the pre-sale list...don't want to miss out on the special pricing...heh heh heh.

-Roy
Roy
Roy

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:21 pm

No the price will stay the same for everyone here...I just don't know now when this will be finished....I'm kinda pissed off at this so called "partner" of mine now....he is having his own problems that have now spilled over to me ..I apologize to EVERYONE for waiting for this....I will keep u updated on it....Thank you All!...."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Re:

Postby Ernesto Pediangco » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 am

zaragemca wrote:Saludos a todos,my brother JC,I back you up in relation of the meaning of the Tumbadora...but I cann't do it in relation to hip replecement..Mongo was part of the Accident suffered in Texas when touring with Perez Prado in the early 50's, his leg was injuried on several places and the DR. in the Hospital wanted to amputate his limb,(Mongo didn't speak english),it was thanks to a Puetorican touring with the 'Band,' which was there in the hospital and emphasized that Mongo was not just a 'Niger',but a gread musician from Cuba which was involved in an accident, and the Doctor changed its attitude and did operate Mongo's legs and hip..After that he have to go to several operations..That feature of lifting the Congas when playing is standart in all cuban/congeros when playing on a seat up position without a problem. Dr. Zaragemca

Edited By zaragemca on 1140120547

I have an Article in these regards Re> Mongo, he did an interview w/ Down beat in the 70's & I still have it ! Aso in that Issue, Carlos Santana, Gato Barbieri & OPA from Uraguy/Paraguay/Barsil. ~ Opa was the best Jazz/Rock/Latin~ Brasilian band you may never of heard of ! ALSO,,,as a result of the pain from that bus accident, Mongo got hooked on Morophine /Heroin but he actualy Kicked ! Many other Brothers died. Mongo is & will always be my Hero !
Ernesto Pediangco

Re: M. Santamaria Technique

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 am

This is one of the ways Mongo played his tumbao...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qlNirbw98k
JohnnyConga

Previous

Return to The CongaZine