Any perc'sts looking to join a band? (NY/NJ)

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Postby Richard Groff » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Hi, I am a guitarist/composer who plays african and afro-cuban percussion and long time member of this board (well, at least about 2 years :D). I am currently working with a great female Zambian singer, bass player and drummer and we're looking for a percussionist. For lack of better explanation, we are generally pretty heavy (in a Black Sabbath kinda way), but seek to infuse an intense West African rhythmic vibe into the groove. We also do acoustic tunes as well.

Our plan is to get together and jam in New Jersey and do a few open mics while we put it all together. There is a lot of music written, but I'd prefer to include a percussionist in the writing proccess before final arrangements.

If anyone is interested, email me at richardgroff@yahoo.com I can either email you my number or you can email me yours and I'll give you a quick ring. Transport is available from Northern Manhattan/South Bronx as we have a car.

Edited By Richard Groff on 1157658385
Richard Groff

Postby tfunk » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:08 pm

If your still looking, it sounds kind of interesting. You can contact me at [email]twmoore60@hotmail.com.[/email] I live in Harlem.

tfunk
twm
tfunk

Return to The CongaZine