CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Re: CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:40 pm

MY NEW CD OYE! WILL BE AVAILABLE ON CDBABY.COM NOV 1ST 2012...IT IS ALL LATIN JAZZ EXCEPT FOR 2 RUMBAS AND HERE IS ONE OF THEM FROM THE CD.
http://soundcloud.com/johnny-conga/rumb ... apachangeo
JohnnyConga

Conga Camp and ONLINE learning with Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:54 pm

My latest ONLINE Conga drum apprentice Marcin from Norway..Nov 18th 2012 Online learning works!...like having me in the room with you...email me privately at johnnconga@hotmail.com if interested...or have any questions about Online learning.
Marcin.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:57 pm

JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 pm

looking for any serious students of the drum that want to develop and take their playing to the next level..email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com ..Tks/Gracias...Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Re: CONGA CAMP or ONLINE CONGA DRUM LESSONS

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm

I am offering Online Conga drum lessons, using Skype or Facebook chat..THIS WORKS!..I have been teaching how to play the Conga drum for many years, and now I have been teaching online for over a year. Current pupils in Canada,Australia, Europe and the United States..all you need is a 'land line' phone and be signed into Skype or Facebook...this is one on one teaching with a pro player...for those interested in taking your skills on the drum to a higher level I can take you there, or for those that are just starting out. For more information please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com...

ALSO OFFERING A 5 DAY and a 3 DAY CONGA INTENSIVE IN MY HOME IN SEATTLE,WA...former pupils have come from England, Australia, even Cuba to learn from me...for more information email me ..Tks JC
JohnnyConga

CONGA CAMP/ONLINE LEARNING - Learn from Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:34 pm

New Online pupil for 'advanced' techniques' Sue Hadjapoulos...a 'pro' for over 30 years in the New York area,having worked with Joe Jackson,Clarence Clemons and many others. For those interested in ONLINE Conga drum learning, email at johnnyconga@hotmail.com
SUE HADJOPOULOS.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 pm

New Online pupil from Washington..Steve Kastama...Jan 2013
STEVE K.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:32 am

New ONLINE pupil of the Conga drum Stefan Kant of Hawaii...
20130205_153615.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 am

Conga Camp with Johnny Conga in Seattle..spend 5 days with me in my home, and I will teach you on the Conga drum for 6 hours a day(room and board included in price) Others have come from around the world to study with me and learn my methods as well as the Cuban methods used today in playing..for those that are interested email me at johnnyconga@live.com (3 day camp also available)...here is one of my last pupils Daniel Besana from Italy via Holland...
Daniel and ME May 2012 Seatle WA.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 am

JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Juan Alvarez.jpg
Juan Alvarez current Online Conga drum pupil from Naples ,Florida
Doug Kemper ongoing Online pupil from Colorado
201.JPG

I am offering Online Conga drum lessons, using Skype or Facebook chat..THIS WORKS!..I have been teaching how to play the Conga drum for many years, and now I have been teaching online for over a year. Current pupils in Canada,Australia, Europe and the United States..all you need is a 'land line' phone and be signed into Skype or Facebook chat ...this is one on one teaching with a pro player...for those interested in taking your skills on the drum to a higher level I can take you there, or for those that are just starting out. For more information please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com...

I am also accepting anyone interested in my Conga Intensive...I have openings at this time...Spend 5 days with me and I will teach you for 6 hours a day..2 in the morning 4 in the afternoon with a break at 3pm..private room and food included in Intensive...(See what others have had to say about their individual experience with me about their own Conga Intensive..go to page one of Congazine)...3 day Intensives also available.....email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com if interested and for more information..I look forward to helping you on your road with the drum!...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Johnny Conga’s Intensive Conga Training

Set in the beautiful ever greenery of Burien, suburb of Seattle, I found the setting a conducive environment for continuing the development of my skills on conga drums.

Johnny Conga’s ‘Conga robics’ are unique exercises on three drums that helped my arm strength. Some of the drum exercises included the single and double 5-stroke, 7-stroke, and 9-strokes as well as rocking hand (heel and tip) exercises. These exercises help in developing muscle memory and independence that facilitates hand coordination for playing various drum voices. Also covered were muffles, slaps, tones and flams.

Some of the rhythm patterns covered included: tumbao in 7, variations of
the Cumbia, Pilon, and 6/8 Afro variations.

I must note that there are many excellent drummers out in the world but most are not able to teach what they know. The ability to teach comes from learning. Learning, in itself, is a process that never ends. As a teacher of percussion, Johnny Conga’s methods are clearly imparted to the student with patience. I began drumming on my own and in the parks with street drummers. The most important part of what I got from this intensive drumming week was clean drumming ‘technique’. Pure, simple, and safe technique which allows me to ‘wow’ folks when they see this diminutive woman play congas con gusto!

As a performer, I was treated to witnessing my teacher’s expertise drumming in such diverse settings as with a latin jazz and salsa bands, to playing congas, bongos and tambourine with a blues trio. Johnny Conga is an inspiring conguero and rumbero.

My drumming intensive with Johnny Conga has provided me with a lifetime of valuable knowledge that will extend from me to my students.

Gracias Maestro! ......

I am now accepting anyone who would like to study the drum in my home in Seattle Washington USA...3 day Intensive and 5 day Intensive available..room and food included..hit me up at johnnyconga@hotmail.com ..please also read what others have said about this experience and what they learned from me...Tks!..
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

I offer a "Conga Drum Intensive"..it's where you live in my home for up to 5 days, and I teach you on the drum for 6 hours a day. Many have come from around the world, to my home to learn from me. Room and food included in price..I also offer 3 day 'intensives'....an opportunity to learn from an experienced Pro and Teacher. If interested please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com and we can take it from there. I will also help u to find the cheapest flight to get here..We will also at night go to local clubs to see and hear local bands or go to any gigs I may have while your here..this is also available for women who want to learn as well..here are some from around the world that came to me...Ian Price from Liverpool England, Daniele Besana from Amsterdam/Italy, Gavin Webber from Australia, and my studio and drums.. I look forward to helping you on your road with the Drum!...
Ian Price from London.jpg

Daniel and ME May 2012 Seatle WA.jpg

Gavin Webber.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:08 pm

From Online pupil from England George Donoghue

Johnny is an awesome teacher. Instructive. Quick to find what you need to focus on. Patient. Insightful. Funny. Just what you need if your time is precious, but you can get in front of webcam for a few hours a week. He's helped me get those tones right and given me the confidence to grow. Really, really importantly he's always there for questions and support outside of the lessons.
George Donoghue 1.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Here is what one online pupil had to say .....

Lessons With Johnny Conga

Postby busyflyin »
I took my first lesson tonight and I must say that I was very skeptical of taking lessons from someone that I really didn't know that lived thousands of miles from me, and then over the internet. But, I was very pleased with how it went. Johnny is an excellent teacher.. and patient. I've taken music lessons from some that have turned the lesson into their resume, but Johnny was very humble and focused on what was necessary to help me learn. We have some difficulties with "trails" or "hesitation" with the video for some reason, but I have a Mac and he is using a PC. I sometimes experience the same thing when watching Youtube videos so I attribute this issue to my computer. Johnny started by spending time making sure my drums were tuned properly and then he observed my approach with the drums. Then he worked me through a number of exercises that I can work on in my own time. It was clear that the exercises will help me develop good habits. I am very pleased and would gladly recommend JC for conga lessons. The computer video thing felt pretty natural and like he was almost in the same room. Msg me if you have any questions I can answer about my experience. Thanks JC!!
JohnnyConga

PreviousNext

Return to The CongaZine