Timba Bongos

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Timba Bongos

Postby quintadrum » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi, How would you rate Timba Percussion Bongos? Thank you for your knowledge.
quintadrum

Re: Timba Bongos

Postby Anonimo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:10 am

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Last edited by Anonimo on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anonimo

Postby Gallichio » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:47 am

I would rate them very good. I think it is the best product offered by Timba. At this time I would purchase from a different company because who knows how long they will be around. I hope for a very long time but it was rumored some time ago they were going out of busyness. Stores around Chicago sold off the product and most never re ordered from them. Very good drums. Nice hardware. Nice sound. Nice heads. Nice finish and colors. I think you can only purchase from the website now.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Postby bongosnotbombs » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Timba uses oak and cherry mostly. They stopped store distribution a while back and only sell on the internet. I think they are in for the long haul now, they've been around for several years. Barry on here has a set of Timba bongos. Use the search function and you will find his posts.
bongosnotbombs

Postby umannyt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:35 am

leedy2 wrote:Timba is a copy or Repica of a Gon bop's bongos,They are very good in sound,The major problem that they suffer from same problem Gon bops has ,Here in north east they crack with weather conditions. This al happen's with Gon bop's and any tropical wood's wood and wood that are not proceded .in making drums

leedy2,

I agree that the Timba bongo shell profile looks very much like that of the Gon Bops bongos, especially the newest California series. Re: Gon Bops cracking, it may have been a problem with older models, but I don't think they're a problem anymore with the California series. I own a pair and I love them.
umannyt

Postby Anonimo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:34 am

Anonimo

Postby yambu321 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

CRACKING, AND OR, STAVE SEPARATIONS, WERE THE CASE WITH THE VINTAGE SETS. BUT I VERY MUCH DOUBT, THAT IS THE CASE TODAY.

I LIKE MANNYT, DO OWN A SET OF CA SERIES BONGOS. AND THEY ARE VERY WELL MADE, AND ARE MORE THAN A PLEASURE TO PLAY.

LIKE IN MOST CASES, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO JUST HOW WELL ONE WILL CARE FOR HIS, OR HER DRUMS.

CA SERIES BONGOS ARE MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY MR. FINIKY HIMSELF . :mrgreen:

CHARLIE. 8)
Last edited by yambu321 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Real, Keep It Honest, and Alway's Be True To Yourself. Laugh and Smile When Ever You Can, and Help others do the Same; It's a Good Thing!
yambu321

Postby Anonimo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Attachments
102_1902.jpg
102_1903.jpg
102_1907.jpg
102_1914.jpg
102_1926.jpg
Here You have a photo of a set note bottom rim how what they call ebony bubble up and at every place that bubbles up they crack. A real piece of crap
design is good wood sucks they need to get treated wood so drum will not unglue or crack
Anonimo

Postby yambu321 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:41 am

FAUSTINO.
FORMALLY KNOWN AS LEEDY1, CURRENTLY KNOWN AS LEEDY2, AND WHO KNOWS, MAY EVEN BECOME LEEDY3 IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE. I FULLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU WERE TRYING TO EXPLAIN. BUT IN MY VIEW, IT'S A BUNCH OF B.S; AND I COULD NOT CARELESS, IF YOU WERE SO CALLED IN THE BUSINESS FOR 60 YEARS. IN READING MOST OF YOUR POSTS WHAT I DO SEE IS A BUNCH OF GAB.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR SET. BUT IT IS OBVIOUS TO ME, THAT SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING HAS HAPPENED TO YOURS.

ALSO, JUST FOR AN EXAMPLE, CONCERNING VALUE. WHEN A CUSTOMER PURCHASES A PHOTOGRAPH, HE OR SHE, IS NOT GOING TO CARE IF THE PHOTOGRAPHER HAD TO USE A TRAMPALINE, AIRPLANE, A CRANE OR WHATEVER. ALL THAT IS IMPORTANT TO THE CUSTOMER IS THAT THEY ARE GETTING A GOOD VALUE FOR THEIR HARD EARNED CASH.

DRUM CARE IS SOOO VERRRY IMPORTANT.
CHARLIE. 8)
Last edited by yambu321 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Keep It Real, Keep It Honest, and Alway's Be True To Yourself. Laugh and Smile When Ever You Can, and Help others do the Same; It's a Good Thing!
yambu321

Postby Anonimo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:00 am

Last edited by Anonimo on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonimo

Postby quintadrum » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:50 am

Well, guys... Thank you so much for all your responses, it does help so much. I have to comment about what a great forum this is, man!, you guys are so passionate about the instruments you love, I appreciate it. I am not a computer guy or a forum guy but there is so much great information here that it is turning me into a forum reader.
Thanks a lot in advance.
What would be the right price for a set of Timba Bongos? Thank you again.
quintadrum

Postby yambu321 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:24 pm

QUINTADRUM,
YOU'RE WELCOMED. :D

AND FOR: senor faustino, every individual here has something to share. Thank you, for sharing your thoughts with us. :mrgreen:

CHARLIE. 8)
yambu321

Postby Anonimo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Anonimo

Postby yambu321 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 pm

:D
yambu321

Next

Return to Bongo