HR vs 3A...bongo

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Re: HR vs 3A...bongo

Postby Ebongo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:27 am

Can someone please post the web link for 3A ?
Ebongo

Postby El Magnifico » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Well you guys, first of all "FELIZ NAVIDAD"!

My experience with 3A has been really good, but I do have one of the original "one piece" that Arce brought to PR himself when he came looking for local distributors. I bought the bongo, together with the very handy travel case/bag and a campana with a store discount. As many has said here before, the cueros are very thick and the sound is very old school...it would take some time before the Macho give up and the Hembra...would die with the bongo itself! I only use it for recording.

As to many collectors "blah,blah,blah", I can see your point, BUT, in this site most of the collectors, including yours truly, play bongos and has been playing for over 30 years! I also collect classic audio gear from Crown, Nakamichi, Carver, Teac...you named it! The difference is that I'm a "practical collector": I don't collect for exhibits only. I do play my instruments as well as my audio gear. As a matter of fact: last Saturday I was using my 1974 Gon Bops! I practice with my original LP and for large venues my Timba's come very handy. I'm looking for 5 lugs Pan Con Queso and old Valje... but not as museum pieces either. I'm planning to play them here and there. Do you got my point?

I have 3 cowbells: 1 very old JCR high pitch 80's sound, and 2 3A with excellent results. I'll love to have an original Chrome plated LP to do a set with my LP bongo.

Felicidades!

El Magnifico
El Magnifico
Puerto Rico
"Playing one bongó at a time"
El Magnifico

Postby juancho » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:07 pm

El Magnifico wrote:Well you guys, first of all "FELIZ NAVIDAD"!

My experience with 3A has been really good, but I do have one of the original "one piece" that Arce brought to PR himself when he came looking for local distributors. I bought the bongo, together with the very handy travel case/bag and a campana with a store discount. As many has said here before, the cueros are very thick and the sound is very old school...it would take some time before the Macho give up and the Hembra...would die with the bongo itself! I only use it for recording.

As to many collectors "blah,blah,blah", I can see your point, BUT, in this site most of the collectors, including yours truly, play bongos and has been playing for over 30 years! I also collect classic audio gear from Crown, Nakamichi, Carver, Teac...you named it! The difference is that I'm a "practical collector": I don't collect for exhibits only. I do play my instruments as well as my audio gear. As a matter of fact: last Saturday I was using my 1974 Gon Bops! I practice with my original LP and for large venues my Timba's come very handy. I'm looking for 5 lugs Pan Con Queso and old Valje... but not as museum pieces either. I'm planning to play them here and there. Do you got my point?

I have 3 cowbells: 1 very old JCR high pitch 80's sound, and 2 3A with excellent results. I'll love to have an original Chrome plated LP to do a set with my LP bongo.

Felicidades!

El Magnifico

Que tal Magnifico...............Cuco has a Pan Con Queso for sale at: http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/4231341025.html
juancho

Postby El Magnifico » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:18 pm

juancho wrote:
El Magnifico

Que tal Magnifico...............Cuco has a Pan Con Queso for sale at: http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/4231341025.html

Yes, I saw those at ebay but the bids didn't get to the asking price of $550.00. I just got some other stuff and I think I'll have to pass this time. Thanks for the heads up anyway!
El Magnifico
Puerto Rico
"Playing one bongó at a time"
El Magnifico

Previous

Return to Bongo